Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driver Issue (MTK USB Port) when Riff Box is connected to the system

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Driver Issue (MTK USB Port) when Riff Box is connected to the system

    I am facing driver issue specially with MTK Phones when Riff box is connected to the computer.



    Windows gives yellow exclamation mark with error code 31




    This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

    When I unplug Riff box the device is working properly.




    Any idea what is wrong? I tried it on other PC also but same.


    I am using Windows 7 64 BIT with disabled driver signature enforcement.


    Please guide


    Best Regards


    ~Aju

  • #2
    Cleaning non present devices from USB tree usually helps. For some reason vcom and riff drivers sometimes get in conflict, here for example I need to reinstall riff1 driver in order to get it back to work.


    Go to riff.turbo-support.com and download devicecleanup, run as admin and remove non present devices, reboot PC and that should help.
    ICQ: 299-912-089
    QQ: 1634811353

    Comment


    • #3
      Can`t work Riff box I,with mtk port

      Comment


      • #4
        Here everything works, but first need to clean non present devices and reinstall drivers.
        Attached Files
        ICQ: 299-912-089
        QQ: 1634811353

        Comment


        • #5
          There was a tool I made just for this.
          You have to manually choose all mediatek drivers by ticking them.
          The tool will delete them one by one, then you can reinstall them a fressh.
          I've been there once.
          It's old but some of my friends still use it.
          Look under the "Bad drivers" tab and make sure you run as admin.
          Don't mess with other drivers !
          [TOOL] Cloud_Commander Ver 1.7 (Pirates Edit… | Android Development and Hacking

          Comment


          • #6
            Oooh, and you will need freearc to extract the .arc file

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ajubaba View Post
              i am facing driver issue specially with mtk phones when riff box is connected to the computer.



              Windows gives yellow exclamation mark with error code 31







              when i unplug riff box the device is working properly.





              any idea what is wrong? I tried it on other pc also but same.


              I am using windows 7 64 bit with disabled driver signature enforcement.


              Please guide


              best regards


              ~aju


              same problem here also dear supporter
              windows 7 32 bit system

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Legija View Post
                Cleaning non present devices from USB tree usually helps. For some reason vcom and riff drivers sometimes get in conflict, here for example I need to reinstall riff1 driver in order to get it back to work.


                Go to riff.turbo-support.com and download devicecleanup, run as admin and remove non present devices, reboot PC and that should help.

                Thanks for your reply Sir, I did I removed all MediaTek drivers entry and also Riff Control Port drives


                Then when connect Riff box, the driver installation failed.


                This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

                Driver is not intended for this platform.


                To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.
                Manual selection of driver from Drivers/64 Bit folder, make Riff work properly. But again when connecting MediaTek phones with Riff it gives yellow exclamation and error Code: 31


                Please guide Sir.


                Best Regards
                ~Aju

                Comment


                • #9
                  SPFT is cause for this problem, not JTAG Manager.
                  I don't know why it happens, but here SPFT makes RIFF driver unresponsive and I need to reinstall it in order for box to be detected.


                  I use Windows 7 64 bit version, with UAC enabled and driver signature enforcement disabled permanently.
                  ICQ: 299-912-089
                  QQ: 1634811353

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Legija View Post
                    SPFT is cause for this problem, not JTAG Manager.
                    I don't know why it happens, but here SPFT makes RIFF driver unresponsive and I need to reinstall it in order for box to be detected.


                    I use Windows 7 64 bit version, with UAC enabled and driver signature enforcement disabled permanently.

                    Thanks Sir, and waiting for solution.


                    So far,


                    1) I tried uninstalling and installing MediaTek Preload drivers available on the net, no success


                    2) Tried uninstalling Riff Drivers (Deleting files), no success


                    To brief you, I am working on Lenovo S860 (MTK Phone) with DL Image Fail. I can't test this phone with Riff due to this.


                    Please sir, waiting for solution.


                    Thanks and regards
                    ~Aju

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      SUPPORTER PLEASE HELP TO SOLVE THIS DRIVER ISSUE


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ajubaba View Post
                        Thanks Sir, and waiting for solution.


                        So far,


                        1) I tried uninstalling and installing MediaTek Preload drivers available on the net, no success


                        2) Tried uninstalling Riff Drivers (Deleting files), no success


                        To brief you, I am working on Lenovo S860 (MTK Phone) with DL Image Fail. I can't test this phone with Riff due to this.


                        Please sir, waiting for solution.


                        Thanks and regards
                        ~Aju
                        Solution is to disconnect RIFF Box when working with SPFT.
                        As said, it happens ONLY if SPFT is started while JTAG Manager is running.
                        ICQ: 299-912-089
                        QQ: 1634811353

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by legija View Post
                          solution is to disconnect riff box when working with spft.
                          As said, it happens only if spft is started while jtag manager is running.

                          riff box connect only this error comes, without j tag manager open always same mtk drivers error

                          restart pc then connect box ( not open jtag manager)
                          connect mtk usb same driver error shows in devicemanager

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Legija View Post
                            Solution is to disconnect RIFF Box when working with SPFT.
                            As said, it happens ONLY if SPFT is started while JTAG Manager is running.

                            This happens without starting Riff Jtag manager or SPFT or both together, I mean simply if the box is connected to system, and with no application like SPFT or Jtag manager is running, and a MTK phone is connected, Device Manager will show yellow exclamation mark.


                            But when we physically disconnect or unplug Riff box, then MTK driver works properly. If possible I will capture video and upload it by today evening.



                            Any advice will be appreciated.


                            Best Regards
                            ~Aju

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ajubaba View Post
                              this happens without starting riff jtag manager or spft or both together, i mean simply if the box is connected to system, and with no application like spft or jtag manager is running, and a mtk phone is connected, device manager will show yellow exclamation mark.


                              But when we physically disconnect or unplug riff box, then mtk driver works properly. If possible i will capture video and upload it by today evening.



                              Any advice will be appreciated.


                              Best regards
                              ~aju
                              same problem here also

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X