Driver Issue (MTK USB Port) when Riff Box is connected to the system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver Issue (MTK USB Port) when Riff Box is connected to the system

I am facing driver issue specially with MTK Phones when Riff box is connected to the computer.

Windows gives yellow exclamation mark with error code 31

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

When I unplug Riff box the device is working properly.

Any idea what is wrong? I tried it on other PC also but same.

I am using Windows 7 64 BIT with disabled driver signature enforcement.

Please guide

Best Regards

~Aju

Cleaning non present devices from USB tree usually helps. For some reason vcom and riff drivers sometimes get in conflict, here for example I need to reinstall riff1 driver in order to get it back to work.

Go to riff.turbo-support.com and download devicecleanup, run as admin and remove non present devices, reboot PC and that should help.
    QQ: 1634811353

Comment

Can`t work Riff box I,with mtk port

Comment

Here everything works, but first need to clean non present devices and reinstall drivers.
        Attached Files

Comment

There was a tool I made just for this.
          You have to manually choose all mediatek drivers by ticking them.
          The tool will delete them one by one, then you can reinstall them a fressh.
          I've been there once.
          It's old but some of my friends still use it.
          Look under the "Bad drivers" tab and make sure you run as admin.
          Don't mess with other drivers !
          Link

Comment

Oooh, and you will need freearc to extract the .arc file

Comment

Originally posted by ajubaba View Post
              i am facing driver issue specially with mtk phones when riff box is connected to the computer.

Windows gives yellow exclamation mark with error code 31

when i unplug riff box the device is working properly.

any idea what is wrong? I tried it on other pc also but same.

I am using windows 7 64 bit with disabled driver signature enforcement.

Please guide

best regards

~aju

same problem here also dear supporter
              windows 7 32 bit system

Comment

Originally posted by Legija View Post
                Cleaning non present devices from USB tree usually helps. For some reason vcom and riff drivers sometimes get in conflict, here for example I need to reinstall riff1 driver in order to get it back to work.

Go to riff.turbo-support.com and download devicecleanup, run as admin and remove non present devices, reboot PC and that should help.

Thanks for your reply Sir, I did I removed all MediaTek drivers entry and also Riff Control Port drives

Then when connect Riff box, the driver installation failed.

This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

Driver is not intended for this platform.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.
                Manual selection of driver from Drivers/64 Bit folder, make Riff work properly. But again when connecting MediaTek phones with Riff it gives yellow exclamation and error Code: 31

Please guide Sir.

Best Regards
                ~Aju

Comment

SPFT is cause for this problem, not JTAG Manager.
                  I don't know why it happens, but here SPFT makes RIFF driver unresponsive and I need to reinstall it in order for box to be detected.

I use Windows 7 64 bit version, with UAC enabled and driver signature enforcement disabled permanently.

Comment

SPFT is cause for this problem, not JTAG Manager.
                    I don't know why it happens, but here SPFT makes RIFF driver unresponsive and I need to reinstall it in order for box to be detected.

I use Windows 7 64 bit version, with UAC enabled and driver signature enforcement disabled permanently.

Thanks Sir, and waiting for solution.

So far,

1) I tried uninstalling and installing MediaTek Preload drivers available on the net, no success

2) Tried uninstalling Riff Drivers (Deleting files), no success

To brief you, I am working on Lenovo S860 (MTK Phone) with DL Image Fail. I can't test this phone with Riff due to this.

Please sir, waiting for solution.

Thanks and regards
                    ~Aju

Comment

SUPPORTER PLEASE HELP TO SOLVE THIS DRIVER ISSUE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Sir, and waiting for solution.

So far,

1) I tried uninstalling and installing MediaTek Preload drivers available on the net, no success

2) Tried uninstalling Riff Drivers (Deleting files), no success

To brief you, I am working on Lenovo S860 (MTK Phone) with DL Image Fail. I can't test this phone with Riff due to this.

Please sir, waiting for solution.

Thanks and regards
                        ~Aju
                        Solution is to disconnect RIFF Box when working with SPFT.
                        As said, it happens ONLY if SPFT is started while JTAG Manager is running.

Comment

Originally posted by legija View Post
                          solution is to disconnect riff box when working with spft.
                          As said, it happens only if spft is started while jtag manager is running.

riff box connect only this error comes, without j tag manager open always same mtk drivers error

restart pc then connect box ( not open jtag manager)
                          connect mtk usb same driver error shows in devicemanager

Comment

Solution is to disconnect RIFF Box when working with SPFT.
                            As said, it happens ONLY if SPFT is started while JTAG Manager is running.

This happens without starting Riff Jtag manager or SPFT or both together, I mean simply if the box is connected to system, and with no application like SPFT or Jtag manager is running, and a MTK phone is connected, Device Manager will show yellow exclamation mark.

But when we physically disconnect or unplug Riff box, then MTK driver works properly. If possible I will capture video and upload it by today evening.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Best Regards
                            ~Aju

Comment

this happens without starting riff jtag manager or spft or both together, i mean simply if the box is connected to system, and with no application like spft or jtag manager is running, and a mtk phone is connected, device manager will show yellow exclamation mark.

But when we physically disconnect or unplug riff box, then mtk driver works properly. If possible i will capture video and upload it by today evening.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Best regards
                              ~aju
                              same problem here also

Comment

Working...
                              X