Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need to update my riff box firmware

Good afternoon,

Last night I was wanting to use the direct memory access plugin but I was receiving an error message about the plugin being out of date and to update. Other functions of the Riff Box were working fine then. When checking for updates for the JTAG Manager there showed no updates for any of the software or more specifically the direct memory access plugin. Figuring the plugin somehow became corrupt I copied a known working plugin from a backup folder I had. That did not solve the issue. Now today whenever I try to use the JTAG Manager with either my Riff Box 1 or Riff Box 2 connected I get a message about needing a firmware update but it will fail stating cannot connect to the updates server.

I have tried resetting the firmware on the Riff Box 1 and 2 using the test points but it still gives me an error saying it cannot connect to update server. I am using JTAG Manager 1.70.

The only thing I can figure is that copying the plugin from the backup folder caused some kind of problem and possibly flagged my account? The Riff boxes no longer work on any machine I have. If anyone can provide insight on how to get them working again I would be very grateful.

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by wscottl View Post
    Good afternoon,

Last night I was wanting to use the direct memory access plugin but I was receiving an error message about the plugin being out of date and to update. Other functions of the Riff Box were working fine then. When checking for updates for the JTAG Manager there showed no updates for any of the software or more specifically the direct memory access plugin. Figuring the plugin somehow became corrupt I copied a known working plugin from a backup folder I had. That did not solve the issue. Now today whenever I try to use the JTAG Manager with either my Riff Box 1 or Riff Box 2 connected I get a message about needing a firmware update but it will fail stating cannot connect to the updates server.

I have tried resetting the firmware on the Riff Box 1 and 2 using the test points but it still gives me an error saying it cannot connect to update server. I am using JTAG Manager 1.70.

The only thing I can figure is that copying the plugin from the backup folder caused some kind of problem and possibly flagged my account? The Riff boxes no longer work on any machine I have. If anyone can provide insight on how to get them working again I would be very grateful.

Thank you.
    You are not alone my friend, I'm new user and i'm having the same issue after Registration.. My box is brand new and what a bad way to start off.. I even went as far as disabling my firewall and virus protection still the same issue can't connect to server
    Last edited by JT man; 07-23-2017, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I have used RIFF box for a long time. I have had issues with all boxes before, this is one that I just couldn't figure out. I am sure it is something I did wrong. I just need someone to tell me so I can fix it...

Comment

Should be fixed now.
        QQ: 1634811353

Comment

Fixed!

Thanks very much for the prompt action!

Comment

i need to update my riff box firmware

lejia team
            i can't update box firmware.at the same time shows failed.
            pls check serial number team:

Open serial port...OK
            Connecting to the RIFF Box...OK

Getting RIFF Box Info...OK
            RIFF Box Bootcore Version: 1.01 (RIFFBOX1)

Connecting to the Updates Server...OK
            Downloading new Firmware from Server...OK

Setting Update Mode...OK
            Updating Box's Firmware...OK
            Restarting box, please wait...OK
            Firmware Update Completed OK

Current Firmware Version: RECOVERY (RIFFBOX1).

pls check legia team

Comment

Open serial port...OK
              Connecting to the RIFF Box...OK

Getting RIFF Box Info...OK
              RIFF Box S/N: xxxx
              RIFF Box Firmware Version: RECOVERY (RIFFBOX1)

my serial number
              Last edited by Legija; 06-07-2018, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Go to

Unlock Forum - RIFF Box support forum

Comment

Simply requires update port driver installation.

Comment

Am worried, blinking green light only [Bad computer, solved]

Was using v1.47
                    Started a trial period.

Then started update box firmware.
                    It asked for login data,e tc, no problem, and it downlaoded firmware and started to flashing.
                    then box switched to update mode and started to fast blink green light.

It stay there for a long time until I decided to disconnect box.
                    When connected it again, I noticed there was a driver not getting installed.
                    So I went deice manager and installed it manually.
                    Now green light is blinking slowly

still not updating or recognizing.

So I thought it was because of the old software.
                    closed the old one and downloaded and installed the latest 1.49.

after run it, it doesnt detect the box
                    End of story

Dont know what to do?
                    Box seems to me as a brick now

Comment

Must be something wrong with USB port or cable.
                      If box is blinking green light, it means it's not detected by windows for some reason.

Comment

Hello

I forgot to add, Box was working Fine until I tried to Update Box Firmware. My box has always been working fine.

I have: Riff Box Firmware Update Port (COM36)
                        on device manager

Code:
                        [11/06/2018 18:19:38] ------------------------------- JTAG Manager Session Opened -------------------------------
                        [11/06/2018 18:19:38] JTAG Manger Version: 1.77 kjiu9uiiujiuj
                        [11/06/2018 18:19:38] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[11/06/2018 18:19:49] [START OPERATION_ID = CHECK_UPDATES]
                        [11/06/2018 18:32:21] Connecting to the Updates Server...OK
                        [11/06/2018 18:32:21] Getting Updates Information from the Server...OK
                        [11/06/2018 18:32:21] Disconnecting from the Updates Server...OK
                        [11/06/2018 18:32:21] [FINISH OPERATION_ID = CHECK_UPDATES]

[11/06/2018 22:11:22] [START OPERATION_ID = GET_INFO]
                        [11/06/2018 22:11:26] Open serial port...OK
                        [11/06/2018 22:11:26] Connecting to the RIFF Box...OK
                        [11/06/2018 22:11:26] 
                        [11/06/2018 22:11:26] Getting RIFF Box Info...OK
                        [11/06/2018 22:11:26] RIFF Box S/N: FF.1E09:65E7-XXXX:45F8
                        [11/06/2018 22:11:26] RIFF Box Firmware Version: 1.49 (RIFFBOX1)
                        [11/06/2018 22:11:26] [FINISH OPERATION_ID = GET_INFO]

[11/06/2018 22:11:38] [START OPERATION_ID = FIRMWARE_UPDATE]
                        [11/06/2018 23:41:43] [START OPERATION_ID = GET_INFO]
                        [11/06/2018 23:41:43] Open serial port...ERROR
                        [11/06/2018 23:41:43] ERROR: Cannot open serial port COM36
                        [11/06/2018 23:41:43] [FINISH OPERATION_ID = GET_INFO]

[11/06/2018 23:42:00] Open serial port...ERROR
                        [11/06/2018 23:42:00] ERROR: Cannot open serial port COM36ERROR
                        [11/06/2018 23:42:00] ERROR: No response from the RIFF Box.
                        [11/06/2018 23:42:00] [FINISH OPERATION_ID = FIRMWARE_UPDATE]

Comment

Device Manager -> Ports -> RIFF Box control port
                          Right click -> Uninstall, tick "Delete the driver software for this device".

Restart PC,

Extract "Drivers.rar" and run "install.bat" from corresponding folder, depending on system version (32 or 64 bit)

Of course, make sure to have driver signature enforcement permanently disabled first.
                          Attached Files

Comment

There is no such port.

Already run the .bat
                            The box is in Update mode. So the control port you mention is not available

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk

Comment

So delete update port, sys file is same.

Comment

Working...
                              X