Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Direct Memory Programming Plugin - Does this look right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Memory Programming Plugin - Does this look right?

Hello

Hoping for some clear advice here as I am no expert.

Was unable to DCC Read Memory in v1.62 JTAG Manager.

Found some information on plugin.

Tried a few settings and read that memory takes 10-20 times longer using this plugin.

4.5 hours though?

Can someone look at this screenshot and tell me if I have the right settings selected. MF112 is Qualcomm MSM6290 Chipset according to JTAG Chain. Apparently NAND is 64Mb but how can I prove this?

Please advise because this PC crashes regularly and if I am not awake in 4 hours to save file. It will be time wasted.

I am unable to resurrect MF112 because there is no DCC Loader? Is that correct? So I hope to use this file to rewrite DCC because I cannot download one from tracker.riffbox.org only .dll exists there.

If someone can guide me gently this time. Hopefully, I will be able to help myself more.

Read so many threads relating to phones. I don't know whether it is relevant for dongle.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rhothgar; 09-19-2016, 08:55 PM.

1. Box Service - Check for Updates
    2. Right click, Select All and click "Download Files"
    3. Lay back and wait for download to be finished
    4. Click "Install Files"

After rehashing (JTAG Manager may restart several times) download and install license.
    Press CTRL+F and type MF112, select DLL and perform desired operation.
    QQ: 1634811353

Comment

Hi Legija

Thanks for prompt answers.

I had already read fault error codes so I am guessing that device hardware must be faulty. I found this by clicking on User Manuals in JTAG Manager

I am curently doing a Huawei K3520 (which is E169).

I have plugged a working one in. It says Flash Chip is 128Mb.

Via DCC Read/Write Tab, with Access MCU address space and Use End Address, it is going to take 3 hours to read memory at 370kb/s! Is this normal?

If I have a working modem, do I need to rip .bin information from working chip to repair dead modem?

Also, Riffbox repairs 'dead' modems. What does this mean? Does modem need to light up or does it have to be completely dead to resurrect?

Do I then use DCC file I rip from a working device to write to non working device?

Do I also need to rip JTAG information from working device?

I am still confused despite spending many hours reading threads. Most threads are about phones not modems.

Your help is very much appreciated.

I also watched Avinindra Singh videos on YouTube but again they are for Alcatel OT255.

Once I resurrect one, I keep repairing until I understand process fully. I am not as clever as you!
      Last edited by Rhothgar; 09-20-2016, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Legija View Post
        1. Box Service - Check for Updates
        2. Right click, Select All and click "Download Files"
        3. Lay back and wait for download to be finished
        4. Click "Install Files"

After rehashing (JTAG Manager may restart several times) download and install license.
        Press CTRL+F and type MF112, select DLL and perform desired operation.

Do I really need to download all updates for the box to work?

I have so far just download MF112.dll, E169.dll, Direct Memory Programming Plugin, Some Qualcomm MSM6xxx DCC Loaders. Only the ones I believe I need for the dongles I am trying to repair.

If you say I NEED ALL, then I download ALL. Please bear in mind my PC keeps crashing and I have reformatted every day for the last week. I am still trying to resolve the issue with my PC.

I think I have narrowed it down to Hard Drive but I tell you in 5 hours...

Comment

Oh Man! I am really excited.

This is the closest I have got to resurrection.

But when I plug device in it says USB Device Not Recognised.

Basically, I ripped a bin file from a working K3520 and uploaded it onto dead but flashing dongle. I selected all areas to be overwritten. It asked for IMEI which I entered.

SO CLOSE......

Legija (or some other genius), please advise.

Are MCU settings in DCC incorrect or address length? I feel it is something so simple now.
          Attached Files

Comment

MCU Address space is internal CPU ROM, and as such it's read only. Furthermore, in many CPU-s access to this address space is restricted or blocked. For average user, this address space is of no use.
            From JTAG Manager - DCC Read/Write TAB

Comment

Thanks again Legija.

I have read that before. My problem seems to be understanding what I should be doing.

So now:-

1) I have working K3520 plugged in and I am Reading Flash memory using Settings by Code on DCC Tab.

Presumably I then write same file back to a dead device that I can access using Connect and Get ID? Am I correct?

2) In this case though, do I need to use Resurrection Tab?

3) If not, what is Resurrection Tab for? Is Resurrection Tab only used when I have a totally dead modem with no flashing light?

Comment

To read/write device flash chip memory, use the DCC Read/Write TAB.
                Resurrection TAB can be used in case that there is already dedicated device model DLL, made by us, or custom made repair package made by user or us.

JTAG Read/Write TAB is of no real use for average user. Those functions there are to be used by (very) advanced users.

Comment

OK. Thanks Legija.

I think you saw screenshots above but device not recognised by Windows.

I have now copied file from working device and written back to non-working device and also tried it with .dll

Are dlls for original manufacturer specification? Dongles I am trying to overwrite are Vodafone. I am not concerned if the dll produces factory or otherwise as I can manually flash back.

Again, device not recognised.

I attached log file.

PLEASE REMEMBER: I am not as clever as you.

Just reading up on the DCC Tab raises a question for me:-

Use Address as Offset for Flash Files. If device is not recognised, am I right in saying that part of ROM is corrupt and therefore device not recognised.

If this is so, which part of ROM should I be concerned with reading (from working modem) and writing (to bad modem) ROM1?

Everytime I read or write, I do full size and it takes time and then device still not recognised.

There is something very small I am doing wrong but if E169.dll should resurrect device and is not doing then what setting is wrong please?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Rhothgar; 09-20-2016, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Different K3520 (E169) as I am trying desperately to get on modem resurrected.

Returns this code:-

ERROR: DCC Loader has reported Error Code = 0x32 (0x004200). Trying to recover...OK

which is not on

RIFF JTAG Box FAQ - RIFF JTAG Error codes and troubleshooting

Comment

Working...
                    X