Failed due to multiple communication errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed due to multiple communication errors

Hi, I am new to this. I bought my RIFF box from an authorized dealer (cellcorner), but there seems to be little to no support other than this forum, but the problem I am having seems to get the same answer every time, but it does not work.

I have a Sprint SPH-L710 board, and I attached a Z-15 Molex adapter to it, and it seems to connect fine up to a point. I then get the error below about the DCC loader and multiple communication errors.

I have tried slowing both the RTCK and TCK down as far as they can go, but no luck. I also saw a suggestion to use the "apply NRST before conecting to target" option in the advanced settings, again with no luck.

I am pretty sure that the memory is fine hardware-wise unless hard-bricking it can destroy it physically somehow. It was working fine right before I bricked it.

The specifics of how I am doing this:
    1. The RIFF box is plugged in to my PC via USB.
    2. I have the Molex adapter plugged into the RIFF box port (I believe this is done right or I would not connect at all, correct?)
    3. I then have the ribbon cable going to the phone and using Z-15, I have that attached to the SPH-L710's Molex port.
    4. I have the phone connected to the PC via USB also (I have tried without also) as instructed by the RIFF box resurrector help.
    5. I have to hold the power button down for it to recognize the phone when hitting the resurrector button.
    6. Then I get the readout below.
    Here is my error. Am I not connecting something correctly? I have seen multiple people say that Z-15 is correct, but could that be wrong? Should I try any others in particular?

It also has a pop-up that says: "Advice. Seems you forgot to read the resurrection manual."

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

Open serial port...OK
    Connecting to the RIFF Box...OK
    Firmware Version: 1.37, JTAG Manager Version: 1.56
    Selected Resurrector: [Samsung SPH-L710 V1.0.4714.55098]

Connecting to the dead body...OK
    Detected dead body ID: 0x406B10E1 - CORRECT!
    Set I/O Voltage reads as 1.79V, TCK Frequency is RTCK
    Adaptive Clocking RTCK Sampling is: [Sample at MAX]

Resurrection sequence started.
    Establish communication with the phone...OK
    Initializing internal hardware configuration...OK
    Uploading resurrector data into memory...OK
    Starting communication with resurrector...OK

Detected an Initialized FLASH1 Chip, ID: 0x0015/0x0000 (MAG4FB, 0x0003AB400000 Bytes = 14.68 GB)
    Detected an Initialized FLASH2 Chip, ID: 0x0015/0x0000 (MAG4FB, 0x000000200000 Bytes = 2.00 MB)

Selected Resurrection Data for the eMMC Chip with Capacity = 14.68GB

Flashing the dead body...
    ERROR: Timeout while waiting for DCC Loader response. Trying to recover...FAILED
    ERROR: Failed due to multiple communication errors. Terminating at 0x000000000000
    Last edited by KCotreau; 03-30-2015, 01:29 AM. Reason: Solved

RIFF JTAG Box FAQ - ERROR: Failed due to multiple communication errors.

You can search there for other error codes too.
    QQ: 1634811353

Comment

Sorry, but that is the same answer that is always given: A link to that page, and it does not work.

Any other ideas please? Also can anyone answer the rest of my questions, in particular, if Z-15 is right?
      Last edited by KCotreau; 03-26-2015, 06:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

No, it's more likely some problem with phone HW.
        Of course, in case that You did tried to set RTCK to 1MHz and it produced same errors.
        Can You explain how did You bricked it ?
        QQ: 1634811353

Comment

SOLVED: Failed due to multiple communication errors/Timeout while waiting for DCC

SOLUTION:

As I said in my original post, it was highly doubtful that it was a hardware failure as it was working, bricked it, and then suddenly it was not.

The solution for me, and I hope this help other people with the same issue, was actually fairly simple.

In addition to the Molex connection, connect a USB cable from the phone to the computer, and then on the "Resurrection" tab, check the "DCC Loader USB Interface" box.

From there, it worked with no problems, and no errors at all.
          Last edited by KCotreau; 03-30-2015, 01:34 AM. Reason: added information

Comment

Could you please rename this thread to "SOLVED: Failed due to multiple communication errors/Timeout while waiting for DCC"?

Comment

Working...
            X