Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• riff box use for others device pcb

hello,
    I want use this box as only jtag link or only interface I want boundary scan for some mcu based pcb and others pcb ,I am using jtag live application for this work ,so please guide me hw to use for other devices for repairing ?

Originally posted by hemmobile View Post
    hello,
    I want use this box as only jtag link or only interface I want boundary scan for some mcu based pcb and others pcb ,I am using jtag live application for this work ,so please guide me hw to use for other devices for repairing ?

That is not possible at the moment, but You can use RIFF box with GDB server. Depending if mcu core is supported or not, You may use other software through GDB server or with IDA for example.

Sample video (flash)
    Link
    QQ: 1634811353

Comment

Originally posted by Legija View Post
      That is not possible at the moment, but You can use RIFF box with GDB server. Depending if mcu core is supported or not, You may use other software through GDB server or with IDA for example.

Sample video (flash)
      Link
      I want use this box as normal jtaglink interface for others application pls add this option in our jtag Manager so I can use this box .
      Last edited by hemmobile; 03-27-2019, 10:27 AM.

Comment

As said already, You can't. RIFF Box is designed to work with JTAG Manager software, but we added GDB Server for those who need additional functionality.
        To work directly with another software is not something we had in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Legija View Post
          As said already, You can't. RIFF Box is designed to work with JTAG Manager software, but we added GDB Server for those who need additional functionality.
          To work directly with another software is not something we had in mind.
          I got your point but I request to you for this feature ,so I can use this box other purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by hemmobile View Post
            I got your point but I request to you for this feature ,so I can use this box other purpose.

If there is something which can't be done with JTAG Manager, than of course it can't be done with any other software, as all commands are executed by box firmware.

So, if there is something You need to do, please be more specific, I may try to help You to do the task, if such task is supported by RIFF Box.

Comment

Setting things up:

Download and install RIFF JTAG Manager (You can select install location, in case that You have more partitions or disk drives. Select the one where You usually store GSM related files)
              Register new account at Turbo Support.

Downloading RIFF Box software:

Start JTAG Manager software
              Open "Box Service" page
              Click "Check for Updates"
              Select files and click "Download all"
              In case of errors reported, You may need to use VPN client to establish connection

If download from JTAG Manager software does not work even with VPN connection, You can still download files using browser:

Launch web browser
              Open Turbo Support
              Browse and download wanted files, and make sure to retain directory structure for download location.

Most important files are "JTAG Manager", "Riff Box Firmware", and of course DLL file for current device/phone model You need.

Setting up RIFF Hardware and cables:

Connect RIFF Box to Your PC USB Port
              Launch JTAG Manager software
              Update RIFF Box Firmware to latest version (Box Service TAB)

Now You have prepared RIFF Box and Software for work. You can now connect Your first phone. In case that You have purchased JTAG JIG-s set with Your box, things are pretty simple, connect 20 pin ribbon cable to JIG and do the Magic
              In case that You don't have the JIG-s, You'll need to prepare cables first.

Basic RIFF Box set contains following:

RIFF Box
              Two 20pin Ribbon cables
              Two small PCB-s with 20 pins on one side and 9 pins on other side

To set up connection with phone, You'll need to do the following:

Solder 20 pin ribbon cable to small PCB, starting from pin1 (Vcc) which is marked with red strip
              Solder 8 thin copper wires to other side of small PCB (Vcc pin is NOT required)

Now You can solder thin copper wires to JTAG points on Your device. For secure work, our recommendation is to tape both phone PCB and RIFF adaptor PCB to desk, so it will be fixed. This way, You can't damage phone , since unsecured PCB could be moved and prints damaged.
              SharePoint data migration | SharePoint on azure | Microsoft CRM software

Comment

Working...
              X