Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siemens VDO CDR 2005 being a pain

Hey there.

Recently someone smashed into the back of me and the car needed to go for repair through insurers. I get it back and the frickin radio is in SAFE mode. The code I have (8600) isnt working so im trying to get the thing out so i can get details.
    Ive got the front cover off easily enough but the bulk of it is stuck in there and i cant see a way to get it out.

Any help with this much appreciated, and hopefully a new code.

Many thanks.
    Roy

Originally posted by Roynaldo View Post
    Hey there.

Recently someone smashed into the back of me and the car needed to go for repair through insurers. I get it back and the frickin radio is in SAFE mode. The code I have (8600) isnt working so im trying to get the thing out so i can get details.
    Ive got the front cover off easily enough but the bulk of it is stuck in there and i cant see a way to get it out.

Any help with this much appreciated, and hopefully a new code.

Many thanks.
    Roy
    First..the CDR2005 code .... Sorry....Main Dealer or Radio Decoding Service only for this code

It will not be available for free from anywhere on the Internet

Second...radio removal...
    Here is a video showing how to remove a standard radio from the dashboard.
    A pair of extractors are required (available from Ebay etc ) but these can be made from 2 pieces of bent, wire coat-hanger or 4 small drills(using the blunt end) or 4 small Allen Keys or 4 small screwdrivers or 4 nails or even 4 darts.

An assistant is useful to pull the radio out whilst you are releasing the 4
    securing clips

note: on some radios , these 4 holes are protected by 4 small screws. These
    can be unscrewed using the appropriate size of Allen key.

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Still cant get the bloody thing out. I wonder where i can get a code without going to Vauxhall for them to rip me off for £25 or more. *sigh* This problem is starting to make me angry now.

Comment

So i got myself some proper pins to get the thing out. Its out now. Do any of you fine fellas know where i can get the code online (doesnt have to be free but hopefully not a rip off).

I was hoping there would be a code on the unit itself but unfortunately its not the case.

Thanks in advance for any help

Roy

Comment

oh, the codes i have are (as stated on the unit, not sure which is which):

Siemens VDO 330886636
          No: 13 138 246
          Type: CDR2005 (E)
          UY8
          Made in Czech Republic
          Front Colour CC Metalic
          BS000344 RCD402-11

The 2 barcodes read:
          9012 300 00272 00
          003 0344 2803565

I know that is far too much information but i really have no clue what any of that is. What is the serial number for example?

Comment

Originally posted by Roynaldo View Post
            oh, the codes i have are (as stated on the unit, not sure which is which):

Siemens VDO 330886636
            No: 13 138 246
            Type: CDR2005 (E)
            UY8
            Made in Czech Republic
            Front Colour CC Metalic
            BS000344 RCD402-11

The 2 barcodes read:
            9012 300 00272 00
            003 0344 2803565

I know that is far too much information but i really have no clue what any of that is. What is the serial number for example?
            There should also be a 14 character Serial Number found stamped in the metal casing...usually beginning with GM++++++++++++

Do not be tempted to try and get it from anywhere on the Internet by just quoting the Serial Number as it requires access to the original factory database.

The only Professional Decoding Service that I know of who may be able to help charges £25 for this as they have access to this database .

The cheaper (and better !) option is to take it into a Radio Decoding Service (such as your local Car Radio/Audio Store) where they will open it up, wire in a laptop and electronically "read" the working code inside the radio`s memory chip(EEPROM). This means that your radio will definitely work when you leave the shop .

Comment

AHA!! found it: GM020532803565

How much do you think this will cost at my local Audio/Radio store (ish). I think I have one down the road somewhere that might be able to do it.

Comment

Working...
              X