i9505 Galaxy S4 JTAG errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i9505 Galaxy S4 JTAG errors

Hello, I have connected Samsung i9505 (Galaxy S4) through JTAG using a jig. Device is detected but I receive a lot of different errors and no success for reading/repairing the eMMC.

I selected 3MHz and lower clock speeds in order to detect the device/dead body ID properly. About the phone, I cannot go into download mode (blank screen, nothing works).

Does anyone have suggestions on the settings or a clue about the errors? I have checked the nRST wire and is properly connected, that was the main warning I've read related to error 0x45.
    Attached Files

looks like emmc dead.

Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by spike_belmont View Post
      Hello, I have connected Samsung i9505 (Galaxy S4) through JTAG using a jig. Device is detected but I receive a lot of different errors and no success for reading/repairing the eMMC.

I selected 3MHz and lower clock speeds in order to detect the device/dead body ID properly. About the phone, I cannot go into download mode (blank screen, nothing works).

Does anyone have suggestions on the settings or a clue about the errors? I have checked the nRST wire and is properly connected, that was the main warning I've read related to error 0x45.
      Hello,
      Put Fully Charged Battery & RTCK set 1MHz...then check again...
      Last edited by BOSS2017; 12-30-2017, 09:37 AM.
      QQ: 3504175467

Comment

Originally posted by BOSS2017 View Post
        Hello,
        Put Fully Charged Battery & RTCK set 1MHz...then check again...
        I am using external power supply, matching the battery voltage. It has 3 terminals: (-) (GND) (+). I am only supplying with (-) and (+), do I need to connect (GND) from the power supply to the phone GND point on JTAG?

Comment

I am using external power supply, matching the battery voltage. It has 3 terminals: (-) (GND) (+). I am only supplying with (-) and (+), do I need to connect (GND) from the power supply to the phone GND point on JTAG?
          Use Fully Charged Battery For Better Results...

Comment

Use Fully Charged Battery For Better Results...
            I have just tried this and no luck, still same errors.

Comment

I have just tried this and no luck, still same errors.
              When JTAG error then why u not try via ISP ?

Comment

When JTAG error then why u not try via ISP ?
                ISP is more time consuming (only in this case) since I am using a JTAG jig, so basically plug it in the phone PBA and straight to the RIFF Box. But yes, for sure ISP will be my last resort

Comment

NRST seems to be not connected, judging by those screenshots.

TCK settings should be used, keeping in mind that on deleted sbl1 phone needs full charged battery to be initialized.
                  QQ: 1634811353

Comment

Working...
                  X