No announcement yet.

Safest method to deal with boot 0A.52??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safest method to deal with boot 0A.52??

Hi ppl, I want to know what do you think about this, dealing with boot loader 0A.52 wich is safest method to work with it?

I already know that Rocker doesn´t support is without TP.

I'm talking about unlock, imei, flash, etc normal operations we do on a phone.

Some ppl say that best way is to make a PDS repair to downgrade the boot loader, to 0A.30 or wich version?

And in this case, what about RSA protection? I know how get rid of it, but I think with boot 0A.52 things are different.

But, if I'll do this I should have a backup, so how to do backup, with TP?

In this case, is safest to work with TP or to downgrade boot?

Ok hope you can share your experiencies and knowledge about this topic.

Thanks in advance,

Regards! :cheers2:

Flashing, backup and LP change doen't require TP with Rockerdongle. For Repair and unlock you need tp. You don't have to cut shield, there is an outer tp too, but in this case phone needs outer 4 volts. Search forum for tp...

If you make PDS repair , boot will be downgrded to 0A.30

Comment

Originally posted by pablor1977 View Post
      Hi ppl, I want to know what do you think about this, dealing with boot loader 0A.52 wich is safest method to work with it?

I already know that Rocker doesn´t support is without TP.

I'm talking about unlock, imei, flash, etc normal operations we do on a phone.

Some ppl say that best way is to make a PDS repair to downgrade the boot loader, to 0A.30 or wich version?

And in this case, what about RSA protection? I know how get rid of it, but I think with boot 0A.52 things are different.

But, if I'll do this I should have a backup, so how to do backup, with TP?

In this case, is safest to work with TP or to downgrade boot?

Ok hope you can share your experiencies and knowledge about this topic.

Thanks in advance,

Regards! :cheers2:
      Use magic tp simple

Comment

@pablor1977
        good thread,man:smile5:
        in motorola phone important is pds.
        if you have pds backup you can do what you want with phone.
        for new loaders backup/write pds allow only with TP or from blank mode.
        and TP is more saffety and quik mode for unlocking.
        if you need unlock phone,you need TP.
        yes,you can downgrade boot and after unlock,but why?
        2 operation and more time.
        when you use TP,cpu call internall loader and this accept any ram loader,not need motorola signed loader.
        for imei changing in some cases need specific bootloader.
        for this need downgrade or upgrade boot.
        without TP metod"corect me if some is wrong" write "wrong" data in phone flash.
        after this phone come in blank mode.
        from here can be accesed all phone memory.
        after,rewrite "good" data and phone come to life.

and for this phones in any cases need TP.
        so,if you make TP,you can simply unlock phone.
        but,if you "motorola man" and evry day change firmware,apply path,e.t.c.
        downgrade boot is recomended.

Comment

Ok, first thanks to all for reply, so if we need to simply unlock it can be done with tp, easy tp, magic tp or cutting rf shield as usual it's the same.

But if we are going to do some more, like modding then donwgrade boot it is recommended, and this is as simple as click button repair, and the phone is donwgraded to boot 0A.30...excellent!

And as fas as I know, boot loaders protection is for memory write/read operations, one using signed ramdl and the other maybe blocking correct memory access..

Anyway I got the info I wanted to have :biggrin5:

Hope be useful to others.

Regards!

Comment

V3r A.52

Hi! I usually unlock V3r Boot A.52 just with Magic TP and choosing Connect Over TP in MotoRocker, and then clicking Unlock.

To do IMEI change, I also have to do this? Or its preferable to downgrade to A.30 with Repair PDS?

Thanks!

Regards to all!

Comment

It's the same since you have to work in blank mode with boot 0A.52, so you must do TP to do unlock, imei or whatever you have to do. To donwgrade to boot 0A.30 you also must do TP then repair button, it's a good step if you're planning to flash it later or to do unlock / imei later.

Regards.-

Comment

Working...
              X