help with GPG-037 rocker tp v5.02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with GPG-037 rocker tp v5.02

Hi mates, I am a new user and I just bought my rocker dongle box. it came with GPG-037 rocker tp v5.02. My question is: can I use this test point adapter to unlock V3r 0A.52 or I have to use the old test point cable?
    Also what how can I use this cable to unlock V3, V3r, V3i with high boots.
    Thanks

How to do with Bootcores 0A.B4 and 0A.52

K1, V3r and V3i, bootloader 0a.52, must do downgrade:
    TP (old tp, to ground) and write bootcore 0A.30, download from support.
    Then, conect in normal mode and do direct unlock or IxxI repair (remember, bootcore 0A.30)
    Active TP o Argon, is for V3RE (R3442), W510, etc...
    Good Luck.

Comment

K1 bootcore 0A.B4 is supported since Motorocker 2.23.....so....DON'T NEED ANY TP. (see HELP TAB in latest Motorocker 2.24 or 2.23...)

And v3RoHS with boot 0A.52 need traditional TP (to ground)....so later can be unlocked...no need to downgrade anything to do this.

see TP picture for V3RoHS....

good luck.
      ..:: Improving this box to the top ::..

Comment

Originally posted by chatfan View Post
        K1 bootcore 0A.B4 is supported since Motorocker 2.23.....so....DON'T NEED ANY TP. (see HELP TAB in latest Motorocker 2.24 or 2.23...)

And v3RoHS with boot 0A.52 need traditional TP (to ground)....so later can be unlocked...no need to downgrade anything to do this.

see TP picture for V3RoHS....

good luck.
        hi, thanks for your reply. I have the extp and I wanna test it. so I don't wanna use the ground test point. Can I use the extp to unlock this phone or I have to use the old test point cable? if I can use the extp to unlock it then how can I use it?
        Thanks

Comment

Not, you can't. ExTP it's only for ARGON and ROM4 models...

W510, W5, W490...VrEDGE boot 0C.C1 and 0C.F4..etc......and newer phones......

luck
          ..:: Improving this box to the top ::..

Comment

Originally posted by chatfan View Post
            Not, you can't. ExTP it's only for ARGON and ROM4 models...

W510, W5, W490...VrEDGE boot 0C.C1 and 0C.F4..etc......and newer phones......

luck
            thanks alot for your fast reply. Actually my seller told me that I can use it for all models and that was weird because I know that old models such as v3r with boot 0A.52 needs ground test point.

So basically I have to buy the old test point cable to make test points for old models ( or I can build one) and the new extp is for new models ONLY. is that what you are saying?

Comment

no need to buy since it is only connected to ground you can do this by your own tweezer or you may solder tp to ground later if tell you to remove tp just cut it

Comment

Originally posted by ibraheem009 View Post
                Hi mates, I am a new user and I just bought my rocker dongle box. it came with GPG-037 rocker tp v5.02. My question is: can I use this test point adapter to unlock V3r 0A.52 or I have to use the old test point cable?
                Also what how can I use this cable to unlock V3, V3r, V3i with high boots.
                Thanks
                Hello Bro.
                About ExTP.
                How to use ExTestpoint cable
                Connect extp to USB port - its based on PL2303 chip (prolific) and install drivers if required. Then open its properties in device manager and set com port to lower number e.g. 5 or 6.
                Once You connect phone to PC and click "Unlock" - You'll be provided with instructions what to do next.
                There are three wires on extp cable, one is with needle and this goes to TP pad on PCB or CPUm, and rest of two are GND and Vbat - You have to connect then to GND (-) and Vbat (+) connectors on PCB.
                Basicaly is it.
                BR
                Hassan

Comment

Working...
                X