Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb needs a lil help

Firstly: Hi all.

Okay, yesterday I've bought a Rocker Dongle, and I have a lil problem. Maybe it will sounds such lame, but thats my first tool to service Mototorola phones (yeah, we learning whole life :ihih: ). Today I want to unlock V360 - phone connected, phone drivers installed... Fine, first 2 stages completed successfully, phone reconnected, clicked Continue... and there is an error: "You still using a Repair Cable, in this step dont use it". (used a V3 cable included to Rocker's package)
    Okay, fine but... so what cable should I use then?

Btw:
    - If I posted thread in bad section, sorry.
    - Yea, I've used search button before posting :arf:

Thanks in advance. Best regards...

Originally posted by exceed* View Post
    Firstly: Hi all.

Okay, yesterday I've bought a Rocker Dongle, and I have a lil problem. Maybe it will sounds such lame, but thats my first tool to service Mototorola phones (yeah, we learning whole life :ihih: ). Today I want to unlock V360 - phone connected, phone drivers installed... Fine, first 2 stages completed successfully, phone reconnected, clicked Continue... and there is an error: "You still using a Repair Cable, in this step dont use it". (used a V3 cable included to Rocker's package)
    Okay, fine but... so what cable should I use then?

Btw:
    - If I posted thread in bad section, sorry.
    - Yea, I've used search button before posting :arf:

Thanks in advance. Best regards...
    Post please program version and phone boot info.

Comment

Okay, here it is:
      Motorocker version used: 2.23
      Selected: Motorola V360, firmware: R4513
      Current language: Rocker
      Clicked button: PHONE INFO (&Phone info)
      Detected motorola interface: Motorola Flash
      Clicked button: SET FLASH MODE (&Set Flash Mode)
      Clicked button: PHONE INFO (&Phone info)
      Clicked button: UNLOCK (&Unlock)
      Full bootcore version: 011302FF05000902
      Full firmware version: R4513_G_08.B7.AER:SE6576AXXL315F
      Decision: downgrade needed.
      Uploading ramloader of version: 08.D0
      Reading 16 bytes...
      Reading 59392 bytes...
      Reading 128 bytes...
      Reading 128 bytes...
      Reading 128 bytes...
      Reading 128 bytes...
      Reading 128 bytes...
      Reading 131072 bytes...
      Show WINDOW: Head = "Stage complete.", line1 = "Please wait till phone is powered on or put it to flash mode manually.", line2 = "Wait for phone to be detected (see below). Then Click Continue...", line3 = "", button1 = "", button2 = "&Continue"
      Showed WINDOW modal result: 2
      Uploading ramloader of version: 08.D0
      Show WINDOW: Head = "Stage complete.", line1 = "Unplug cable, remove battery, insert battery, insert cable. Press PowerON shortly.", line2 = "If you use REPAIR cable, do not use it this time. Use USUAL cable.", line3 = "Wait for phone to be detected (see below). Then Click OK...", button1 = "", button2 = "&OK"
      Decision: downgrade needed.
      Show WINDOW: Head = "Error Detected.", line1 = "Seems you still use the REPAIR cable. DO NOT USE IT. Please use normal cable. ", line2 = "If you want to try again, reconnect your phone and click AGAIN button.", line3 = "If you are sure you did all right, click CANCEL to revert changes back...", button1 = "&Again", button2 = "&Cancel"

Comment

Hi, this is ug in software.

Until we fix, it, please use TP or wait by tonight.
        QQ: 1634811353

Comment

Okay I'll try with TP, and will be waiting for fix :P

Btw. I also tried today with version 2.24. Result = The same error :P

Anyway, thanks.
          Best regards

Comment

Still no successive result. I thought that Im still doin' some wrong, so I started searching forum and I found:
            Originally posted by legija View Post
            OK, then its easy.

Connect extp to USB port - its based on PL2303 chip (prolific) and install drivers if required. Then open its properties in device manager and set com port to lower number e.g. 5 or 6.

Once You connect phone to PC and click "Unlock" - You'll be provided with instructions what to do next.

There are three wires on extp cable, one is with needle and this goes to TP pad on PCB or CPUm, and rest of two are GND and Vbat - You have to connect then to GND (-) and Vbat (+) connectors on PCB.

And thats basicaly it.
            I connected ExTP adapter to usb, and installed drivers. Also connected power to phone, and lets says that I'm ready to unlock V360 by Testpoint. Yeah... also desoldered metal cover & I see the TP. Port of ExTP is set for COM4 - you sad that if Unlock will be clicked, then instructions will be displayed. True but it still trying to unlock it by "no-tp procedure" , and it still says that Im using a repair cable, etc... I dont have a clue how to set it to "tp-mode", so I also downloaded a lil older version (2.05) of Motorocker, where i saw there are TP-USE checkbox.

On 2.05 version, i tried with 2 ways: "with-TP" and "without-TP". As I've expected, NO-TP Unlock failed cuz that old version didnt supported a 09.02 bcore. Okay, so i checked TP, and goin on... After phone boot i see: "Access denied. Try to boot phone with test-point". Program didnt asked me on which port is ExTP - (or it detects it automatically, i dont know) - anyway TP connected or not = unlock by TP fails too. Some1 can explain me, what I doin' wrong, or what i should do? (im a not tp-unlocking newb - experienced with BB5 unlocking - just newb with Rockerdongle :biggrin5: )

BR exceed*

Comment

for v360 tp you need only a wire conected to gnd and the other part with a needle for making the tp , usb cable pluged in the phone , make and hold tp , insert the batery and start the unlock procedure from soft and folow the instructions

Comment

@ exceed*
                Try contact me by yahoo.
                I'am will try help you with this v360.
                It's easy phone, but need some little tricks with this phone.

Comment

Okay, 2.25 solved my problem. Successfully unlocked without TP.

Thanks, guys for help Thread can be closed
                  Best regards.

Comment

Working...
                  X