No announcement yet.

Bricked V545 through stupidity - Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bricked V545 through stupidity - Help!

Hi Guys,

So, I got so excited after receiving my Rocker Dongle and successfully unlocking a U6 PEBL, I started to play around with my V545 (a workhorse of a phone which I use every day).

I flashed it with the WRONG FLASH FILE, and bricked it.

Now, when I plug the phone into my computer and run MotoRocker 2.22 it displays as:

"S blank Neptune LTE"

The screen is blank and remains that way. It displays nothing.

Nothing works on MotoRocker, because it gets stuck trying to put the phone in Bootloader mode. I have tried forcing the bootloader by removing the battery, holding down PWR, * and # then inserting the battery but nothing happens.

After you have rebuked me for being a complete idiot, can anyone recommend any techniques for bringing this phone back to life?

Thanks,

MM

How about reading forum rules and then correct Your post first ?
    QQ: 1634811353

Comment

Sorry, you've got me on this one. I read the rules before posting - what have I done wrong?

Comment

What was the phone version before you screwed it, what file you used to flash it, etc.
        Informations !
        QQ: 1634811353

Comment

Sorry - understand now!

Oh. I figured that information was not necessary, due to the fact that the phone was bricked with a specific error.

Sorry about that - quite a steep learning curve, I think!

Ok, the phone originally had the following:

Firmware: R376_G_0E.66.04R_A
          Flex: SE6639AXXB3088

I attempted to flash the following file onto it:

R376_G_0E.67.02R_PDS001_LP0031_DRM0001_JPJAVA
          _G_0E_R376_06_05_03R_SE6633AXXG10C6_1FF.shx

It flashed, but then refused to respond again. Symptoms:

Blank screen
          No power-up lights on keyboard
          Recognised as "S blank Neptune LTE" by software

Comment

try write bootloader 07.d0 in phone.
            after full flash your phone.
            make all this with rds and .shx files.
            if rds refuse flash phone make jumper between 13@14 pins in conector(force flash mode)
            post here if help.

Comment

Please pardon my ignorance, but where do I find the 07.d0 .shx bootloader file? I have RDS installed and it recognises (generically) the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Missionary Man View Post
                Please pardon my ignorance, but where do I find the 07.d0 .shx bootloader file? I have RDS installed and it recognises (generically) the phone.
                read here:
                w218 error 01?????? HAMAS need help dude! - Unlock Forum - RIFF Box support forum
                and here:
                activation string - Unlock Forum - RIFF Box support forum

Comment

Thanks for that. Very useful!

I tried it, and it sort-of worked, but it appears that my phone's battery is now not holding charge. It's been plugged into the charger all afternoon, but doesn't have enough to turn the phone on.

Is it possible this is related to the flash mistake, or is it just coincidental, and maybe time to throw the phone away?

Comment

Originally posted by Missionary Man View Post
                    Thanks for that. Very useful!

I tried it, and it sort-of worked, but it appears that my phone's battery is now not holding charge. It's been plugged into the charger all afternoon, but doesn't have enough to turn the phone on.

Is it possible this is related to the flash mistake, or is it just coincidental, and maybe time to throw the phone away?

try clen batery contact.
                    not related with software.
                    try with other batery too.
                    can be phone or battery.
                    if write with your batery "wrong battery" and with other work meen battery.
                    if with both show "wrong battery" meen phone.
                    and, you use power supply for flash or battery?
                    if you totch middle pin with V+ this can damage phone.
                    after this phone show "wrong battery" and not charge.

Comment

I've ordered a new battery from eBay so I'll see if I can follow Orbita's advice when it arrives. By the way, can you please tell me how to identify pins 13 and 14 in the connector? Do you count the power pins?

Thanks guys!

MM

Comment

here:
                        Phillips radio code anyone ? - Unlock Forum - RIFF Box support forum

pictures also :smile5:

Comment

Firstly, let me please say a huge "Thanks" to Orbita for his patience and support with this problem. As a newbie, I've not been aware of the location of a lot of files and support materials but, instead of flaming me, he has just guided me in to all the right info.

Secondly, I did what you said (shorted pins 4 & 5 and inserted the battery) and the phone jumped immediately to bootloader mode, but then indicated that the battery was low and hence the phone could not be programmed. This confirmed our thoughts, that the battery was shot, as a coincidence to the bad flashing, not because of it.

So, I await my replacement battery with anticipation! Once it arrives, I'll continue the repair attempt and keep you all informed.

Finally, would you mind recommending which MP I should install on this phone? I want to make sure I get the right one and don't screw it all up again!

Cheers,

MM

Comment

Fixed!

Gentlemen, the phone is FIXED!

My new battery arrived today, so I charged it up and then set about fixing the phone.

I shorted pins 4&5 together and inserted the battery. This booted into bootloader mode, loading the 07.D0 bootloader that I had previously loaded using RDS.

I then used Flash&Backup (a legal, paid-for version, well worth the money) to flash a complete back-up onto the phone. It took longer than usual, but did it perfectly. The phone rebooted and ... voila! All back to normal.

Thanks Orbita for all your help and advice! My phone was dead and now is ALIVE AGAIN!

BIG TIP: Whenever you decide to mess around with a phone's firmware, ALWAYS take a back-up BEFORE you start. This is what I did, and I was able to return it to how it was.

Comment

Working...
                            X