v3i d&g, boot loader problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v3i d&g, boot loader problem

Hi all, I have a problem with v3i, with bootloader A.30: when I try to switch it in flash mode, the phone restarts, the flash mode "screen" appears, but the phone goes freeze. In the flash mode screen I can read bootloader version and sw version, but the classic line with "usb ready to program" (or something like that), doesnt appear. The result is motorocker (or rds) cannot find the phone in flash mode and it stops on "waiting flash mode...".

I tried also with tp (version 1 and 2), but without a positive result. I tried also to repair/unlock it (with and without "without TP!!!" option), but it always hang in flash mode.

I suppose it's a bootloader problem, but I cannot find a file writable with rds or motorocker. Anyway I think that the phone must be in flash mode to program bootloader, but I would try it in blank mode (the phone goes correctly in blank mode, when I use tp).

Any suggestion? If anyone have a an a.30 (or another) bootloader in a correct file format for rds or motorocker, pls upload it .

phone work?

Comment

Originally posted by orbita View Post
      phone work?
      Hi orbita. Phone works, but sometimes it had problems, like crashes and so on. So I would try to flash it.

Comment

if you make TP,bootloader don't matter.
        try also conect from first in flash_mode.
        if phone have memory card ,remove it.
        when you make TP,get only PCB,without LCD.
        for this phone exist easy TP,not need cut.
        you make easy TP,or cut shield?
        if phone can't connect with TP,you have hardware problem.
        you know connect TP procedure?

Comment

Originally posted by orbita View Post
          if you make TP,bootloader don't matter.
          ok.

try also conect from first in flash_mode.
          Tried, but the flash mode screen "freeze" like I explained. I tried to go directly in flash mode: with * and # pressed, I inserted battery.

if phone have memory card ,remove it.
          removed sim and mem card.

when you make TP,get only PCB,without LCD.
          Yes, I did it.

for this phone exist easy TP,not need cut.
          you make easy TP,or cut shield?
          First I used the first easy tp, then I also tried the second one, under the shield.

if phone can't connect with TP,you have hardware problem.
          you know connect TP procedure?
          I can connect phone with test point (motorocker shows "neptune blank mode bla bla"). The problem is that: I connect the phone with tp, I try to flash it, all the programs (motorocker or rds) reboots the phone in flash mode, so my phone hangs on flash mode.

Comment

Thank you for interest orbita.

Comment

strange.
              when you conect with TP phone,you can use connect function in rocker
              software?
              you can see flash ID ?
              read function work for you(read pds for example,bootcore)?
              try also use rocker 2.05,this version is very stable.
              and,try some,not sure.

try make modified cable for phone(power phone without batery).
              and try in this way connect phone with TP.
              i'am can't help you sure 100%,phone is not in may hand,simply sugest you some way to solve your problem.
              in some cases can be driver problem also,try conect phone with other PC.

Comment

What SW version do you see on your screen when you go to bootloader? Some V3i SW versions are sticky and cannot be downgraded. Try flashing it with the same SW version you see on your screen or higher.
                I do Testpoints for Breakfast

Comment

Working...
                X