How to use ExTestpoint cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use ExTestpoint cable

We all know there is a test point cable, but there is no single freak'n tutorial walks us through how to use it. I searched all over the net for any walkthrough about how to use rocker testpoint, physically , but non. I began to think Smart-Moto is the way for complete support for it has many tutorials to use the test point unlike the Rocker dongle.
    Hope to see picture, or video tutorial about how to and when to plug the ExTp because I don't like guessing game.

Hi,

I have deleted Your other posts on this topic, since you posted in all possible threads.

As for some sort of explanation about using this cable with ROM4 phones, instructions are intergrated within software. Once You select ROM4 or Argon model, and click unlock - software will show You dialog box with instructions.

Since i am unsure on what point You get confused, it would be nice from You if You can describe on what point You get stuck ?
    QQ: 1634811353

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply kind sir, what I'm stuck on is the where to hookup the wires, for the test point, I need some pictures showing me exactly where to plug in everything to before and or during the unlocking procedure. Please forgive my silly question but I'm below the noob level and very happy with your product until this point. I know the unlock procedure when it comes to the rocker dongle software, but hooking up exTest point is the issue. Please help. Once again, thank you for the quick reply.

Comment

First of all, test point unlocking is not for noobs, especially with ROM4 phones.
        There are more chances for You to destroy phone then to do something good. Having hardware experience with this is required, because of process it self.

1. Did You ever disassembled phone ?
        2. Did You ever removed metal shielding from PCB ?
        3. Did You ever used microscope ?

If answer on above questions is no, then my suggestion for You is to find someone to teach You about it at the spot.

We can ofcourse explain what You have to do, but until You see it with Your eyes in practice, i dont think it will be much helpfull.

Comment

ExTest Point Help

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm new to test point device, I am very good at these stuff, except I don't want to risk ruining any phones. I modify game systems by soldering very small modchips etc. I am sorry for not wording that right, I realy know what I'm talking about, but I just need help with this perticular device "ExTest Point", Hope that you guys post a helpfull tutorial about how to use the actual hardware in details and images if possible. And Iam very sure many other users have the same issue figuring out how to use the exTp they newly purchased. Thank you very much for your time.

Comment

Sorry not to mention this, I disassemble phones everyday changing boards, lcds, etc. I'm not that noob hahaha. Sorry for the wrong statement.

Comment

OK, then its easy.

Connect extp to USB port - its based on PL2303 chip (prolific) and install drivers if required. Then open its properties in device manager and set com port to lower number e.g. 5 or 6.

Once You connect phone to PC and click "Unlock" - You'll be provided with instructions what to do next.

There are three wires on extp cable, one is with needle and this goes to TP pad on PCB or CPUm, and rest of two are GND and Vbat - You have to connect then to GND (-) and Vbat (+) connectors on PCB.

And thats basicaly it.

Comment

Thank you very much kind sir, I'll try working on it today. And please allow me to ask in the event that I might have more questions. Keep up the great work.

Comment

Could I get a picture?

Comment

Picture!

Originally posted by NavyFootball94 View Post
                    Could I get a picture?
                    Friend! This is a Picture.
                    BR
                    Hassan

Comment

Could I get a picture that shows everything connected how they are supposed to be? Thanks!

Comment

Picture

Originally posted by NavyFootball94 View Post
                        Could I get a picture that shows everything connected how they are supposed to be? Thanks!
                        Friend! I know what you need.
                        But if you see picture what choices do have?
                        Black to Ground! Red to + and another point
                        to PCB.
                        I think is very easy.
                        BR
                        Hassan

Comment

I am guessing that PCB is the testpoint?Also, does the Red to + have to cover both + pins or just one? Also does the Red supply the phone with power? I saw a video of a testpoint, but they used one clip for + and a different clip for -

Comment

Test-Point

Originally posted by NavyFootball94
                            I am guessing that PCB is the testpoint?Also, does the Red to + have to cover both + pins or just one? Also does the Red supply the phone with power? I saw a video of a testpoint, but they used one clip for + and a different clip for -
                            Excuse me.
                            Read + Battery- Black -Battery Test-point PCB
                            BR
                            Hassan

Comment

Hi,

I got my Rocker Dongle today
                              I have been trying it out and have unlocked Motorola K1, LG KU990GO & Samsung A801 so far.
                              Now I tried to unlock Motorola V6. I was not aware that I needed testpoint for this phone? Do I? Is there a list of what phones require Testpoint? I thought most Moto phones did not need testpoint with Rocker Dongle?
                              If I do need testpoint, it would be much appreciated if someone could provide more instructions (or point me in the right direction). For example I found this manual on how to use testpoint for Motorola V3x for a different unlocking product at: Link

Is there something like this for Moto V6?

I realise that testpoint unlocking is difficult for newbie and there is the risk to kill the phone. But I need to learn somehow.

In particular I need a picture of where to connect the red, black and pin cables.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X