Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important - W156i, W160, W175, W180, W230, W270, W388, W396, W450, EM325, W360 Driver

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by legija View Post
    Hello,

Here is USB Drivers installation procedure for Locosto USB based models :
    • Run "Motorola Driver Installer.exe" from "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motorola Shared\MotPCSDrivers\" dir
    • Select "Clean only" and press start, wait untill its finished then close the software,
    • Open Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Motorola Drivers
    • Open Rocker Dongle Support, and navigate to ".. / .. / RockerDongle / Drivers / W156i_W160_W175_W180_USB_Drivers / dir.
    • Download and install "Motorola.9.0.msi"
    • Restart PC
    • Connect above mentioned Motorola model with mini USB cable to pc, with battery removed
    • Insert battery, windows will detect "LOCOSTO" device and install drivers
    • Remove and insert battery again, and check in device manager for "Motorola Flash" device.
    If You have done everything as described, You will have installed drivers correctly. Take note, these models will remain in flash mode for only 5 seconds, if no comunication started, phone will go to charging mode.
    Sorry: I've tried to download de msi file but I have been requested to start sessions or install a kind of sotware. I can't understand anything. Could you help me boss?

Comment

• perhaps that can help u, but i am a nub too and also have no good idea on how to make it work,...lets try!
      Landrover Freelander Code 2002 - Unlock Forum - RIFF Box support forum

Comment

• change the imei of c139 motorola it leaves in screen phone is hacker version 1.3.19 that I make

Comment

• Originally posted by JoJ0 View Post
          perhaps that can help u, but i am a nub too and also have no good idea on how to make it work,...lets try!
          Landrover Freelander Code 2002 - Unlock Forum - RIFF Box support forum
          Sorry JoJo: but when setup starts, a message displayed at the bottom left of the screen says "no card found" , and the process finish.
          I just need the damn driver to connect the cell phone to PC in order to upload images and update phonebook, not else. I'm not interesting in hacking or something alike. Is so difficult to get the driver?

Comment

• where would i get this "Motorola Driver Installer.exe" im very new to this so sorry!

Comment

• hi,

I don't download file

Comment

• let me try this.. thanks!

Comment

• Thanks a lot!

Comment

• legija, you should consider starting to help the people here more. This epic fails.

# Run "Motorola Driver Installer.exe" from "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motorola Shared\MotPCSDrivers\" dir
                    # Select "Clean only" and press start, wait untill its finished then close the software,
                    # Open Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Motorola Drivers
                    I consider this is ONLY for the people who had Motorola drivers installed before? You should mention that, i am sure some people spent 30 minutes to figure out where the "Motorola Driver Installer.exe" is while there ISN'T any.

* Open Rocker Dongle Support, and navigate to ".. / .. / RockerDongle / Drivers / W156i_W160_W175_W180_USB_Drivers / dir.

What RockerDongle?? What IS RockerDongle?? Where is that folder? Why does it make sense to open a folder right before you restart your PC?

* Insert battery, windows will detect "LOCOSTO" device and install drivers

"..and install drivers" You mean that WINDOWS will install the drivers automatically or that YOU have to install the drivers? If the second case, wich drivers? I think you mean the drivers folder you mentioned earlier (the step before restarting your PC) ?
                    I tried to point the Windows Hardware Wizard to that folder, but it doesn't find any driver to install.

This is really frustrating me AND much others. I'v tried to install it on 2 different computers (one with Windows XP SP2 and other with WinXP SP3), but it failed at the part with installing the drivers. There are like 10 people(or more?) that have a question, and you just ignore this all instead of helping. Also to mention, your download link provided isn't working!! I had to Google it up and find it on a random FTP server. Please consider helping us and coming with PROPER instructions, not ones that you can interpret on different ways!

-NitraZ007

Comment

• Hello, I just purchased a motorola w175 and I need to know if it works with Locosto flash interface. I did the steps you mentioned but when I try to install the phone it recognizes it as motorola w180. Any ideas or suggestions?

thanks

Comment

• THX for the help

Comment

• Hi,i Have A Motorola W175
                          I Wanna Connect To The Pc 4 Pass Some Images To My Cel Phone.
                          What I Have To Do?
                          Thenks

Comment

• oh man, its like walking in a jungle
                            i hope ill get it all right

Comment

• HI

Originally posted by whirling View Post
                              oh man, its like walking in a jungle
                              i hope ill get it all right
                              Welcome to Rocker Dongle newly registered users introduction.
                              If you can download put more one post in this section and replay any post
                              in any Topic or existent Message.
                              In approximately one hour later, your level permission will be altered automatically.
                              After this you have all access to Downloads and Updates to Rocker Dongle.
                              I remember that section is only to newly registered users introduction
                              After you have your activate account post your questions in correct section.
                              Not Here Ok! Go to Search and Write what you want find
                              BR
                              Hassan

Comment

• ok, ill go introduce myself then...

Comment

Working...
                                X