Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is possible to connect UFS via isp with Riff Box v2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is possible to connect UFS via isp with Riff Box v2?

Hi, I have in plans to buy new boxes and sell the old ones, I already have a Riff Box v1 and a Medusa Pro Box, currently Medusa Pro 2 was the one in the list because it supports ufs via isp, but right now I have doubts, and thats because I have Riff Box v1 since 2010 wich I was using until 2016 then I was using it as a brick, then I activated with emmc and I´m using it again and I'm in love again with this tool, as it makes it jobs even better, and thats my question, I'm thinking about buying Riff box 2 but the limiting factor is UFS via ISP, without desoldering.

UFS is not supported by v2 box as there are hardware level limitations.
    QQ: 1634811353

Comment

Ok, is there a date to release a new tool?

Comment

Not yet but should be during year 2020.
        QQ: 1634811353

Comment

Any Chances that iphone Nand, Pcie Nand would be supported ?.

Or maybe if you could incorporate the Alex DCSD engineering cable in new hardware and add the software to switch iphone to purple DFU mode or even better develop an own solution to do so.

just curious if it is possible. Please have a look into this

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Legija View Post
            Thats great.

Comment

To use it, please prepare your RIFF Box installation folder:

Rename JTAG Manager v1.56, so you can continue using it if your account has expired.
              Backup "Useful plugins" folder content because old plugins are incompatible with new *exe, and old *exe is incompatible with new plugins.
              Start v1.58 exe and download license (if your account is not expired)
              Update box firmware to v1.38
              Download new plugins.
              Old server will be online for some weeks, so users can get a license, if they need it.

JTAG Manager 1.58
              Direct eMMC Access Interface on the RIFFBOX RJ-45 port (check pinout picture for CMD, CLK, DAT0, pins positions, etc.)
              eMMC/SD Access page for Read/Write operations on eMMC/SD card via direct interface
              eMMC/SD Advanced dialog which allows to perform advanced operations with eMMC/SD cards (reading info, browsing through OCR, CID, CSD (and EXT_CSD for eMMC only) registers' fields, edit separate fields and writing back to card, reading/writing eMMC card's MCU's internal firmware, etc.)
              Convenient information presentation for specific eMMC chips: pinouts for testpoints, manuals how to use testpoints to resurrect dead eMMC, etc.. These INFO files (*.riffinfo) are stored in JTAG Manager's Documents folder and can be downloaded using generic "Check for Updates" operation.
              eMMC Firmware Update option
              eMMC Firmware Reading option (firmware is stored in *.riffemmcfw format). Select a chip from the list in order to read the firmware.
              *.riffemmcfw eMMC firmware files are now used by RIFF for firmware updates (plain binary files are supported too)
              Added elapsed time info for eMMC firmware update stages
              eMMC Testpoint info displaying (info files must be downloaded from support and are located in the JTAG Manager's "Documents" folder)
              CMD42 Lock/Decode functionality for eMMC. User can set/change/remove password to protect/unprotect (lock/decode) the User Area Partition
              Added the User Area Partition Forced Erase to erase Locked User Area Partition and to reset Device lock/decode state and password (CMD42's consequences)
              Samsung Factory Erase, which erases and re-formats Samsung eMMC chips
              Fixed bug, displaying wrong SD card size. For cards with a capacity less than 2 GB
              Few small improvements and bug fixes
              SharePoint data migration | SharePoint on azure | Microsoft CRM software

Comment

Originally posted by Legija View Post
                Looking forward to ear news about UFS support....

I'm a very happy customers of yours with both V1 and V2 boxes.

Comment

Working...
                X