Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIFF Box JTAG Manager v1.88, eMMC/UFS Plugin v5.12 and RIFF Box Firmware v1.54 released

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIFF Box JTAG Manager v1.88, eMMC/UFS Plugin v5.12 and RIFF Box Firmware v1.54 released

Posted on June 2, 2020

eMMC Partition Table FullFlash Image Files Processing Plugin (eMMCDiskPartitions.dll) v5.12
    • reworked the Error Handling mechanics in ISP eMMC reading code.
      Now errors are handled in smart way, when read errors happen, plugin automatically re-reads erroneous address as many times as needed until the read happens without errors
      This greatly increases plugin ISP read stability, and allows working even with very poor quality of ISP connection;
    • the counter of I/O read errors happened during operation is added to the plugin main window status bar.
    • added Backup partitions feature: For this, select needed partitions, right-click with mouse, and choose ‘Backup partitions’.
      This will extract current data from partitions and store contents into single file.
      This backup can be restored later with ‘Load Backup File…’ right-click feature.
    • added ‘Used Size’ column into the parsed partitions list window
    • partitions extraction (like save Partition, save Selected Partitions, etc) algorythm is changed: now are to be saved only used part
      of partition (specified by used size), the remaining of allocated partition bytes are not saved.
    • added UFS-based devices support for Repair Packages
    • interface skin is updated
    • some other fixes applied.
    JTAG Manager 1.88
    • global CTRL+A shortcut is added to start eMMC Plugin
    • global CTRL+E shortcut is added to start Edit Package
    • Full revisision of Jtag Manager interface is performed. Some visual changes are implemented.
    • JTAG Manager now supports Windows 10 high-resolution screens (DPI settings from 100 to 300% were tested, and interface looks nice and smooth)
    • Added ‘Recalculate GPT’ action to Package (PKG) Manager. Starting from current JTAG Manager version, packages with this action can be created/executed
    • Added ‘Erase Flash Memory via ISP/USB’ action to Package (PKG) Manager. Starting from current JTAG Manager version, packages with this action can be created/executed
    • Added ‘Reset USB Loader’ action to Package (PKG) Manager. Starting from current JTAG Manager version, packages with this action can be created/executed
    • “Save to File” button on eMMC Read/Write and USB Read/Write is changed to “Show HEX” button when SHIFT key is pressed.
      “Show HEX” button will open hex window with data from previous read operations.
    • added feature to wait for Qualcomm Emergency Download Mode (EDL) when booting devices through this mode;
    • improved the box firmware update process.
    Firmware 1.54
    • fixed eMMC Erase: any erase (from JTAG Manager eMMC Read/Write page) were performed on User Area Partition, no matter what partition was selected in the JTAG Manager;

Posted in News
    QQ: 1634811353

Good Job. I like this style. Testing...

Comment

Thanks for new updated. I think I need to active my old box try it.
      My box is version 1.

Comment

hi ,

I can't update my box, can you help me please

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cellmod View Post
          hi ,

I can't update my box, can you help me please

If You use Windows 8 or 10, you should install update port driver from riff install dir (/drivers/64 or 32 bit folder).
          To use this driver, signature enforcement must be disabled.
          QQ: 1634811353

Comment

Originally posted by Legija View Post

If You use Windows 8 or 10, you should install update port driver from riff install dir (/drivers/64 or 32 bit folder).
            To use this driver, signature enforcement must be disabled.
            i use windows 7

Comment

i use windows 7
              Open serial port...OK
              Connecting to the RIFF Box...OK

Getting RIFF Box Info...OK
              RIFF Box Bootcore Version: 1.00 (RIFFBOX1)

Connecting to the Updates Server...OK
              Downloading new Firmware from Server...OK

Setting Update Mode...OK
              Updating Box's Firmware...OK
              Restarting box, please wait...OK
              Firmware Update Completed OK

Current Firmware Version: RECOVERY (RIFFBOX1)

Comment

Open serial port...OK
                Connecting to the RIFF Box...OK

Getting RIFF Box Info...OK
                RIFF Box Bootcore Version: 1.00 (RIFFBOX1)

Connecting to the Updates Server...OK
                Downloading new Firmware from Server...OK

Setting Update Mode...OK
                Updating Box's Firmware...OK
                Restarting box, please wait...OK
                Firmware Update Completed OK

Current Firmware Version: RECOVERY (RIFFBOX1)
                problem solved thank

Comment

problem solved thank

Good evening, to contribute a little to the solutions that have also been presented to me, here I give you the solution, Mr. Legija explained to me and thanks to your help I was able to solve the problem although all computers can generate the same problem but not all problems are solved in the same way, but try steps to follow:
                  1. Unzip DriverStoreExplorer.v0.10.58. I leave the program for you to download. DriverStoreExplorer.v0.10.58.zip
                  2. Click on Rapr.exe and you will get the program as the image below, at the moment you will not see anything, just wait for the drivers to load all the installed and recovered drivers of your PC.
                  3. Find the Ports column (COM and LPT).
                  4. select all the drivers that appear as riff box.
                  5. After the drivers to be removed are marked, click on remove driver and it does not remove it. Mark force removal.
                  6. After removing the drivers, close the DriverStoreExplorer program and then restart the PC. After turning on the PC, install the box drivers again.
                  Note: for all this process you should not have the riff box connected to the usb port on the PC, after having restarted the PC you connect the riff box to the usb port and install the new drivers there.
                  BEFORE DOING ALL THIS PROCESS YOU MUST HAVE UNINSTALLED JTAG MANAGER, REMOVE THE FOLDER COMPLETELY FROM THE PC, FIND THE ROCKER TEAM FOLDER ON YOUR HARD DRIVE C: AND REMOVE IT AS THE PROGRAM HAS NO MORE UNINSTALLER, THEN YOU WILL START USING THEM AFTER ALL THE STEPS AND THE RIFF BOX DRIVER INSTALLED NEW, YOU INSTALL JTAG MANAGER.

driver store explorer.jpg
                  Attached Files

Comment

Добрый день! И где это можно скачать ?!
                    Выпущены RIFF Box JTAG Manager v1.88, eMMC / UFS Plugin v5.12 и RIFF Box Firmware v1.54

Comment

Originally posted by ALEX_BAG View Post
                      Добрый день! И где это можно скачать ?!
                      Выпущены RIFF Box JTAG Manager v1.88, eMMC / UFS Plugin v5.12 и RIFF Box Firmware v1.54
                      Index of ./

Comment

Working...
                      X