Is MMC bus mode supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is MMC bus mode supported?

Can I program (read/write/bad block process) NAND and NOR flashes directly via MMC bus or only via mcu+jtag chain?
    Can I map somehow the flash drive content as a drive to the computer?
    Thanks for your answers in advance!

ISP or direct emmc access is what You ask for?
    That is available on emmc/sd tab.

To mount emmc or sd as drive check up advanced emmc functions.
    QQ: 1634811353

Comment

Mount failed

Thanks for your answer!
      I tried the procedure to link (in mmc bus mode 1 bit) the memory. Everything is fine, read/write works well in riff environment. I can see the memory contents. But when I try to mount (Mount MAssStorage button) the memory as a drive the device manager shows "unknown device" instead. Riff says that the device is mounted but it is obvious that something went wrong. I attached a screenshot with the device manager. The PID and VID of the "unknown device" is:

USB\VID_1EC4&PID_8004&REV_8802&MI_00
      USB\VID_1EC4&PID_8004&MI_00

What can I do next?
      Attached Files

Comment

Once in mass storage mode, RIFF box will be enumerated as composite device.
        Some systems with install driver automatically, some not, in that case this unknown device needs to be installed manually as composite device.

Comment

some more try

I installed riff in 3 computers, windows xp, windows 7 64bit, amd and intel mcu, too.
          None of it is working in mass storage mode (yet).
          I tried to update also the Ext2Fsd to the latest one, downloading it from the official site (my riff is up to date).
          On 2 computers I see the composite device but no drives are installed, and on one computer I see the drive but I can not access it.
          I am suppose to change the drivers for that composite device?
          Please give some guidance what to do to solve this problem.
          Any help is kindly appreciated.
          Thanks!

Comment

Tested on windows7 64 bit:

- Enter mass storage mode from emmc ->advanced tab
            - box will reenumerate, if windows installs it again as riff box, open device manager, find it, click properties and update driver. Select manual, manual and then on step 3 select compostite device:

After that, you'll need again install box driver using same method.
            Attached Files

Comment

not enumerated device

I think that the problem appear because your riff box is riff2 and my one is riff1 with box board v2 inside.

0. As you can see in the attached images, I have only one composite device, that is an integrated camera (image 0_intia_composit_state.jpg)

1. Riff attached to the computer without drivers is recognized as "RIFF box by rocker Team (c), 2010" (image 1_box_without_drivers.jpg)

2. After installing drivers i got the control port (image 2_drivers_installed.jpg)

3. Managing the eMMC card is OK, all settings works well (except mounting the mass storage), this can be seen in image 3_sd_card_detected.jpg.
              After this if i press mount mass storage, i hear that windows is reenumerating the devices, but no more else devices appear. If i try to modify the only one device, the control port, manually, i can not do that because no compatible driver is found: image 4_lpc.jpg and image 5_no_divers.jpg. This happens even in case with compatible drivers checkbox unchecked (to see all available drivers).

4. In the image 6_final_state_.jpg you can see that the mass storage is on but no new devices are enumerated.

What to try to do?
              Thanks very much!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by AttilaPethe; 02-01-2019, 09:53 AM.

Comment

more images
                Attached Files
                Last edited by AttilaPethe; 02-01-2019, 09:50 AM.

Comment

some more images
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yours is v1 box, not the best idea to use this functionality as speed is too low.
                    However, mounting via v1 box works here too:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X