Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ERROR: Read Failed with Error Code: (17:62)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ERROR: Read Failed with Error Code: (17:62)

Hello all,

I am a new user on this forum. Thanks for the opportunity to be able to ask questions.
    I own a Riff2 and I'm currently trying to read the eMMC chip (BGA169) from Google Nexus S.

I have the latest firwmare and the app, and I've tried on two different computers, changed cables, adapters, cleaned the eMMC, checked under the microscope , etc. I'm getting the same error message no matter what I do. I tried changing the voltage, tried changing the frequency.

Here is what I get:

Open serial port...OK
    Connecting to the RIFF Box...OK
    Firmware Version: 1.46 (RIFFBOX2), JTAG Manager Version: 1.67

Connecting to the SD/eMMC Card...OK
    Set I/O Voltage reads as 2.80V, SD_CLK Frequency is 5.1 MHz

Memory Type .......................... eMMC
    Manufacturer ID ...................... 0x02
    OEM/Application ID ................... 0x00
    Product Name ......................... "SEM16G"
    Package .............................. BGA
    User Area Partition Size ............. 0x0003B5400000 Bytes (14.83 GB)
    Boot Partition Size .................. 0x000000100000 Bytes (1.00 MB)
    OCR Register ......................... 0xC0FF8080 (Dual Voltage, High Capacity)
    Write Protection Bits ................ NONE
    Boot Configuration ................... No Boot
    Chip Revision ........................ 9.0
    Multimedia Card Revision ............. 1.5 (eMMC v4.41)
    Serial Number ........................ 0x300FB71A
    Memory Manufacturing Date ............ March, 2011

Open serial port...OK
    Connecting to the RIFF Box...OK
    Firmware Version: 1.46 (RIFFBOX2), JTAG Manager Version: 1.67

Connecting to the SD/eMMC Card...OK
    Set I/O Voltage reads as 2.80V, SD_CLK Frequency is 5.1 MHz

Detected eMMC Chip, ID: 0x02/0x00 (SEM16G), User Area Partition = 0x0003B5400000 Bytes (14.83 GB)

WARNING: Resuming interrupted read from 0x000020340000, yet to read - 0x0003950C0000...
    Reading "User Area Partition" address space from 0x000020340000 to 0x0003B53FFFFF
    ERROR: Read Failed with Error Code: (17:62). Terminating at 0x000020340000

---------------------------------

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Ok, so I did some experimenting and this is what I found:

1) I had to hold the socket tightly, pressing on the lid, so it makes a better contact with the bga chip.
    2) I had to change the "bus width" from 4 bit to 1 bit and back. Change frequency between 31Mhz, 17Mhz, 6Mhz. Voltage between 1.6 to 2.8V.
    Every time I did a change, I had to disconnect the BGA socket from the riff box so it initializes. I hope the new software revision has a new feature where we can just press a button for software reset. In fact, it would be convenient to have software reset and hardware reset button, where software reset shuts off the power to the EMMC only, and hardware to the riff itself. It would be convenient when working remotely on a project, so you don't have to sit at the device and unplug/plug back in.

Another feature that would be nice to have is an automatic jump of bad areas. For example, the chip I have has problems, so it will read to that problem area and fail with the error code 17:62. Then I have to manually unplug the device, plug is back in, and start reading the chip skipping the bad area.

I think this would be of a benefit to many users.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X