Setup Error! -f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup Error! -f

I'm trying to install the RIFF Box manager and get the error message "Setup Error! -f". The RiffSetup.exe was downloaded from RIFF's website February 23, 2017.

From online searches, it seems it is caused by not having MSVCR100.dll in the Windows/System32 folder, but I have confirmed that I do indeed have that dll in that folder.

Also, I see many posts by people claiming that installing Microsoft Visual C++ will solve the problem. I have Microsoft Visual C++ versions 2005 (x86 & x64), 2008 (x86 & x64), 2010 (x86 & x64), 2012 (x86 & x64), 2013 (x86 & x64), 2015 (x86 & x64) installed and still get the error.

I have tried installing RiffSetup.exe under various compatibility modes as well. The system is running Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit, Service Pack 1.
    Attached Files

There are more versions of same DLL, so it's a complete mess by Microsoft in that field.

Due to that, small percentage of users report this problem while using installer, not too much to change installer, but enough to annoy us on monthly base.

So, here's portable version of RIFF JTAG Manager, which You can extract and run without problems.
    Attached Files
    QQ: 1634811353

Comment

Originally posted by Legija View Post
      There are more versions of same DLL, so it's a complete mess by Microsoft in that field.

Due to that, small percentage of users report this problem while using installer, not too much to change installer, but enough to annoy us on monthly base.

So, here's portable version of RIFF JTAG Manager, which You can extract and run without problems.
      I tried to download the file, but it says I don't have permissions to.

Comment

Sorry, it was some glitch in forum software, because it should notify You about group membership requirement.
        Now should be okay.
        QQ: 1634811353

Comment

Working...
        X