Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riff box 1 can I use it or shall I throw it in the bin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riff box 1 can I use it or shall I throw it in the bin?

Ok, I'll start by saying I've hunted and searched for the info I need until my eyeballs bleed and still no definitive conclusion, so I'd appreciate no smart Alec comments.

I've had the Riff box 1 since it first came out, used it only a number of times. I'm fairly sure it is NOT a so called clone as it still has the holographic stickers over the screws, or are these suposedly fake too?

Anyway casting back to a number of years ago to the fiasco of the apparent cloned box situation where the licencing server *mysteriously* crashed losing the serial numbers of many riff boxes which led to a ridiculous situation where Riff box users had to authenticate their hardware by voiding the warranty and opening their boxes and posting the serial number...seriously?!

If this is the case how is it no other Jtag box maker complains of cloned boxes or seem to even exist?
    Utter nonsense as far as I see it.
    Still no hard evidence that these Riff box clones even exist. Even after ALL these years I cannot find anything convincing in the way of circuit or pcb comparisons to prove otherwise.
    Where are these definitive comparisons of a clone to the real thing? I'd appreciate a link to some if anybody could direct me.

As it stood I refused to partake in this laughable exercise years ago and just threw the box in a drawer and forgot about it.

Years later to date I see the fiasco continues. It seems however that now , so called 'clones' can also be licensed and activated.

This is where my ramblings are heading. I have a couple of devices that need resurrection via EMMC.
    My question is whether the old Riff box 1, that has been an ornament in my drawer for a number of years, can be given new life?

If I buy the required credits to license and activate the box, even if it's allegedly a clone, will it fully operate and allow me to use the new EMMC plugin?
    Also is the EMMC plugin included in the activation price or is that on top of licencing and activation?

According to Google it costs 60 credits to license and activate a Clone box to a fully working Riff box.

Is it worth it or shall I use it as a door stop instead and move on to another worthy Jtag box maker?

Would appreciate anyone's help on this .

Thank you.
    Last edited by ashyt16; 04-22-2018, 07:49 PM.

Once box is activated and updated, it will be fully operational (if hardware is not faulty).
    This is one time activation and it will receive support as long as RIFF Box project is alive
    Note that v1 hardware supports two ways of connecting eMMC - via RJ45 port (a bit slower) and via JTAG port (faster but sometimes unstable with some devices).

We could not disclose differences between original device and clone because in such case clone producers (and users) would simply send us original device board photos.

Differences are tiny and completely invisible to untrained eye.
    We never ever printed any holo stickers so that is utter bs simply invented by some dealers to attract people.
    QQ: 1634811353

Comment

Originally posted by Legija View Post
      Once box is activated and updated, it will be fully operational (if hardware is not faulty).
      This is one time activation and it will receive support as long as RIFF Box project is alive
      Note that v1 hardware supports two ways of connecting eMMC - via RJ45 port (a bit slower) and via JTAG port (faster but sometimes unstable with some devices).

We could not disclose differences between original device and clone because in such case clone producers (and users) would simply send us original device board photos.

We never ever printed any holo stickers so that is utter bs simply invented by some dealers to attract people.
      I'm impressed you took the time to reply personally. Thank you.
      However still have to ask a couple of questions.
      Does the activation include the emmc upgrade or does that need to be purchased separately?
      It would not be viable for me to pay for license and activation if its a clone box and the emmc plug in.

How could I confirm if my box is a clone so I know which activation I need?

Also regards your comment about the holo stickers. I see even RIFF box 2 has these very stickers.
      See the links below, allegedly an authorised distributor.

Object not found!

Link

Also for the RIFF box one, is this a clone?

Link
      Last edited by ashyt16; 04-26-2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

If You run latest JTAG Manager and server returns this message:
        "This is clone RIFF Box.
        Please visit Shop Riff box to buy license activation. Price is 60 credits."

Your box is a clone and You need 60 credits activation. This includes everything supported by RIFF Box at the moment - JTAG, eMMC, and any other feature we might add as long V1 hardware supports it.
        QQ: 1634811353

Comment

Originally posted by Legija View Post

how could vcc enable in rj45 port of riff box v 1 ?

Comment

Working...
          X