Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• riff 2 cannot read emmc. [SOLVED]

Hi,

Received my riff box 2 yesterday. I'm trying to read an emmc directly connected to the emmc port of the box. When I tried to read a sdcard, the card is reocgnized,so the box is kind of working. When i try to read the emmc I get the following
    [11/9/2016 4:45:34 PM] [START OPERATION_ID = 26]
    [11/9/2016 4:45:34 PM] Open serial port...OK
    [11/9/2016 4:45:34 PM] Connecting to the RIFF Box...OK
    [11/9/2016 4:45:34 PM] Firmware Version: 1.41 (RIFFBOX2), JTAG Manager Version: 1.62
    [11/9/2016 4:45:34 PM]
    [11/9/2016 4:45:34 PM] Connecting to the SD/eMMC Card...ERROR
    [11/9/2016 4:45:34 PM] Set I/O Voltage reads as 1.80V, SD_CLK Frequency is 2.55 MHz
    [11/9/2016 4:45:34 PM]
    [11/9/2016 4:45:34 PM] Connecting to the SD/eMMC Card Failed (ERR[006E], POS[0003])
    [11/9/2016 4:45:34 PM] [FINISH OPERATION_ID = 26]
    tried with 2 differents emmc (both thoshiba 16gb) that read fine with another box.
    I tried with and without pullups (2.2k and 220 ohms), tried with 2.7 and 2.8v but it always gives me that same error.

What's wrong?

Hi,
    You used adapter connected to back port (30 pin) on RIFF2, or You soldered wires to eMMC directly ?
    It's most probably wrong pinout problem. However, can You try setting Vcc to 2.8 and test it ?
    QQ: 1634811353

Comment

Wires were soldered directly to the emmc. The wires are soldered correctly on the bga because i can read it with another box. I used the pinout in the pdf downloaded from the updates menu which seems to be ok because i can read a sdcard. So i'm gonna triple check my wiring. I already tried to use a 2.8v vccq and that didn't help.

Can you confirm that the box cannot be used on a computer not connected to the internet because jtagmanager asks for credentials and connects to the server on each launch?

Comment

Right now we're preparing new exe with some changes related to RIFF2, but I don't see reason emmc detection not to work if it works with SD card, as it's practically the same.
        Only thing which I can think of might be bus width, if You connected just DAT0 signal, then it should be set to 1bit .
        RIFF2 supports 4bit bus width so You can also connect DAT1/2/3.

As for offline PC support, You can try to copy RIFF folder content from PC which is connected to internet after You download licenses.
        Remember that there are licenses for box and for DLL-s, so DLL-s and PKG-s folders must be exactly same.

We have it in TODO list to make some sort "offline" activator for customers with special needs. Cannot say exactly when this is going to be done.
        QQ: 1634811353

Comment

Hello, I have the same problem, same error number:

Connecting to the SD/eMMC Card Failed (ERR[006E], POS[0003])

I'm trying to connect a Galaxy S3 (i9300), I have the eMMC pinout, tried different voltages and clock speeds, still it's not detected by the Riff Box 2.

I'm connecting directly from the eMMC pinout terminals (with probes from VR Table) to the RIFF Box 2 port, based on the attached picture.

Is it correct to connect it that way (directly to the port) or should I use an adapter like the one in the coming video?:
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Spike, have you managed to make it work?

Comment

Originally posted by giaguaro View Post
              Hi Spike, have you managed to make it work?
              Yes dude. I'll copy the info from my reply in other post:

CMD, DAT0 and CLK as inputs to the RIFF Box 2.

External VCC (3.3V), VCCq (2.8V) and GND (connected in common external+RIFF2).

Most of the cases I've seen people using VCC as 3.3V, it won't damage the chip anyway.

Comment

thanks for reply, tryed but still got error, you use both grounds from riff2 or enough pin 2?

Comment

thanks for reply, tryed but still got error, you use both grounds from riff2 or enough pin 2?
                  I'm using a VR Table just like in the video, it has its own GND connection and VCC. As you can see in the video, minute 06:13. So I connected GND from VR-Table to the phone's PCB, and from the same node to the RIFF Box pin #2.

Are you using a VR Table also?

P.D. In the video they use RIFF-1, with an adapter, just ignore it. It's not required for RIFF-2

Comment

Hi Spike, thanks for reply, no I soldered wires directly to board, and I get VCC and VCCQ directly from Moork adapter 5 in 1 and connected also to riff pins 1 , 2 , and 17 , got same error...I am actually working on an HTC M8s , device is recognized by EasyJtag without any problem...but Riff2 give me this error....I want to use riff so got to solve this somehow

Comment

Hi Spike, thanks for reply, no I soldered wires directly to board, and I get VCC and VCCQ directly from Moork adapter 5 in 1 and connected also to riff pins 1 , 2 , and 17 , got same error...I am actually working on an HTC M8s , device is recognized by EasyJtag without any problem...but Riff2 give me this error....I want to use riff so got to solve this somehow
                      I think you need to power the chip with VCC=3.3V and VCCq=2.8V, alternatively, you can try 3.3V on both. I'm not sure if that Moorc adapter gives those voltages, please verify. You should take GND also from that Moorc adapter to the chip

Once the voltages + GND are properly "feeding" the eMMC, connect to the RIFF box only 4 wires:

pin #4 CLK
                      pin #8 CMD
                      pin #12 DAT0
                      pin #2 or #18 GND (same node as the Moorc adapter)

Comment

tryed it same issue, measured ohms between pin 1 to pin 8 and betweed 1 and 12 , and result is about 1,7Kohm , does this mean pull-up resistors missing from riff2?

Comment

The strange thing is why with same moorc adapter easy jtag sees the emmc but riff doesn't, I guess voltages are ok, what I am missing? Please help guys

Comment

The strange thing is why with same moorc adapter easy jtag sees the emmc but riff doesn't, I guess voltages are ok, what I am missing? Please help guys
                            Mmm, that is strange. Have you tried disconnecting the battery?

Link

and then proceed with the connections I have mentioned? The battery is not needed since you are feeding the eMMC chip with "independent" voltages.

Comment

Working...
                            X