Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Legija, Please Add This File In Support For All Riff Box Users...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Legija View Post
    You can wait even few years, it wont help unless You install driver now.
    Hahaha, good answer. I have drivers installed on my PC, but still not working. But just now I did the update on a laptop and it's working fine. JTAG manager v1.66 and Riffbox firmware v1.43. Reading is 6.3 MB/s

Comment

• Give one more chance of New Year free offer without the need of 30 credits to upgrade

I could not upgrade while the New Year Free offer was given. Kindly give one more chance to upgrade to eMMC support version for those who are getting the message "ERROR:Account is Expired. 30 credits required". I rarely use this Riff Box once in 6 months for unlocking Dongles/Datacards. spending 30 credits again is not feasible for me. Please give me a free chance to upgrade.

Regards,
      +91-9291561649
      iftequar905@rediffmail.com

Comment

• My solution: JTAG v1.66 & RIFF firmware v1.43

I hope that I won't confuse people. I'm not an expert and was getting crazy about the RIFF Box drivers during this weekend.

First of all, I performed the TP1-TP2 connection using tweezers to enter Bootloader mode, then open JTAG Manager v1.66 (for some reason it never worked using v1.65), updating the RIFF firmware to v1.43 successfully online.

I tried on a laptop and PC, both with Windows 10 64bits. PC has USB 3.0 Ports and it works in front and rear ones.

On PC, reading speed is 8.73 MB/s:
        Attached Files

Comment

• ayun84 good day, I read give me answers and I thank you for the help, I just wanted to ask for a clarification on the boot by bridging with TP1 and TP2, I have to close it and run the software (which as I understand it is better to version 1.65) and I have to open it before you do upgrade, or am I wrong in something I thank you in advance franc.
          P.S. why not take a guide? .

buon giorno ayun84, ho letto le risposte datemi e vi ringrazio per l'aiuto, volevo solo chiedere un delucidazione sul boot facendo ponte con tp1 e tp2, devo chiuderlo e lanciare il software (che se ho capito bene è meglio la versione 1.65 ) e prima di fare upgrade devo aprirlo, o sbaglio in qualcosa ti ringrazio anticipatamente franco.
          p.s. perchè non fate una guida? .

Comment

• Originally posted by mocputer View Post
            ayun84 good day, I read give me answers and I thank you for the help, I just wanted to ask for a clarification on the boot by bridging with TP1 and TP2, I have to close it and run the software (which as I understand it is better to version 1.65) and I have to open it before you do upgrade, or am I wrong in something I thank you in advance franc.
            P.S. why not take a guide? .

buon giorno ayun84, ho letto le risposte datemi e vi ringrazio per l'aiuto, volevo solo chiedere un delucidazione sul boot facendo ponte con tp1 e tp2, devo chiuderlo e lanciare il software (che se ho capito bene è meglio la versione 1.65 ) e prima di fare upgrade devo aprirlo, o sbaglio in qualcosa ti ringrazio anticipatamente franco.
            p.s. perchè non fate una guida? .
            Hello, "bridging" allows you to enter bootloader mode on RIFF Box. It has nothing to do with the software at this instance.

1.- "Bridge" TP1 -2 (keep it like that)
            2.- Connect USB cable from RIFF Box to PC
            3.- Remove the bridge
            4.- Run JTAG manager software (RIFF Box should be detected as running
            recovery version...... or something like that)
            5.- Update firmware

More detailed instructions are found in Legija's first post.

Comment

• RIFF JTAG Manager v1.68, RIFF Box Firmware v1.44 released

JTAG Manager 1.68
              —————————
              – Added option “Forced eMMC Samsung Mode” to the “Write CID Register” operation, so the Samsung eMMC chips with not valid Manufacturer ID field (the valid one is 0x15) could be processed.

Firmware 1.44

—————————
              – Fixed Hynix (and possibly other non-Samsung eMMC chips) bug which caused erase of chip contents during init stage (“Check eMMC/SD Card” button);
              – Changed eMMC autodetection algo for Samsung chips. Now a simple check of Manufacturer ID is used (note, the Samsung eMMC’s Manufacturer ID = 0x15)
              Please note, currently is supported eMMC CID Register Write operation for Samsung chips. Thus, for Samsung eMMC it is possible to change Manufacturer ID byte.
              In case Manufacturer ID is not equal 0x15, all extended Samsung eMMC’s functionality will be disabled (Write CID,CSD, Read/Write eMMC firmware, etc).
              To enable it, use “Write CID Register” operation with the forced Samsung Mode checkbox checked to write the 0x15 value back to the Manufacturer ID field.
              QQ: 1634811353

Comment

• Thanks to all the forum, everything ok I missed the serial driver works fine I have already updated to version 1.68,
                Hello franco.

Comment

• I installed 1.67 and now it says that my serial is off and i have to pay 30 credits.... why??? Riff Box did not give any dolar yet and you tell me that i have to pay more¡¡¡¡ My serial is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  Last edited by Legija; 04-13-2017, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by juanelete View Post
                    I installed 1.67 and now it says that my serial is off and i have to pay 30 credits.... why??? Riff Box did not give any dolar yet and you tell me that i have to pay more¡¡¡¡ My serial is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    me to, why? before worked fine!
                    Last edited by VIPER_GE; 04-13-2017, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• updated to 1.68 and now it telling me i need 30 credits! WTF

Comment

• RIFF Box Firmware v1.45, RIFF JTAG Manager v1.69 eMMC Plugin v3.02 released

Firmware 1.45
                        ---------------------------
                        - Added MassStorage Mode for RIFFBOX2

JTAG Manager 1.69

---------------------------
                        - Fixed the bug for General Purpose Partition Sizes
                        - Added feature to switch ON/OFF the MassStorage Mode. For this, please connect an eMMC (either via Direct or ISP interface),
                        make sure it is detected (on the "eMMC/SD Card" page), and on the 'eMMC/SD Advanced' dialog click the 'MassStorage Mode ON/OFF' button to setup which partitions are to be mounted.
                        Please note, for stable connection, first of all do reads on the "eMMC/SD Card" page to adjust stable Frequency, BusWidth and Voltage.
                        After you click "MassStorage Mode ON/OFF" button, current settings for Voltage, Frequencty, BusWidth will be written into RIFFBOX non-volatile memory,
                        and while the MassStorage mode is ON, upon each connection to USB the RIFFBOX will additinally to normal Control interface enumarate the MassStorage Disks (as if a FlashStick is connected to PC)

eMMC Partition Table FullFlash Image Files Processing Plugin
                        (eMMCDiskPartitions.dll) v3.02
                        -------------------------------------
                        - Added support for User Area Partition bounds selection from the JTAG Manager's MassStorage settings dialog
                        - Added file system detection: the plugin analyzes the partition's data structure to autodetect what file system (if any) is used. The result is displayed in the new "F/S" row

To mount EXT/x partitions You should install EXT FS driver from here:

Ext2Fsd Project
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Legija; 04-29-2017, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• there is problem with last update 1.45
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by cgtec View Post
                            there is problem with last update 1.45
                            That error has nothing to do with this topic. You've got problem with installer, so simply use portable version from download page.

Comment

• MassStorage Mode is available only for Riff box 2? Please add a function for Riff Box 1.

Comment

• At the moment yes, only for V2 hw. There are some limitations with v1 HW which slows down the work, but it will be done.

Comment

Working...
                                X