Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autel Maxisys MY908 Support

Hi All,
    I'm new to this forum and would like a bit of guidance (any help whatsoever) for resurrecting a dead Autel Maxisys MY908 Android car scanner which is stuck at a blue light when powered up. The light never goes out once powered up and nothing on the screen. If disconnecting the battery, when reconnected , the unit stays off until i power it up again, then same thing , just blue light.
    Seems like a corrupt boot loader,?..
    When connected via USB, no signs of life unless i change pinouts on the switch in the motherboard, then it shows SEC S5PC Test B/D but only for a few seconds as i need to hold the power button on while doing that and after 10 seconds it wants to restart when held...
    could not find any other combination so far.

I bought a Riff Box and i'm looking for guidance on placing the soldered points on the motherboard (photos below)
    Alternately, i will need to take out the eMMC chip which is a klmbg4webc-b031 and direct solder pins for data recovery/ cloning and restoring firmware ... if i can find it anywhere..

The Autel device has similar hardware configuration to Ordroid-x or Tiny-4412 so hopefully somebody knows the pinout config for this.

Last edited by radio_orizont; 05-21-2019, 06:50 PM.

Photos attached

Hi, just in case photos of the board don't open , they are shared here:

IMG_0005.JPG - Google Drive

IMG_0006.JPG - Google Drive

IMG_0008.JPG - Google Drive

Thanks all

Comment

Quickest course of action is to desolder eMMC, locate ISP pins on board, get another device to read dump and write back to dead one.
      Of course presuming it was killed by software, and not died by it self.
      These MCU-s come locked with password for JTAG Access, so unless password is known nothing much can be done, if I remember well.
      QQ: 1634811353

Comment

Hi Legija, Thanks for the reply,
        I can desolder eMMC and backup content but it would be expensive finding a different device (they are £1600 to buy and more than 1000 used even) , i am looking to backup as much as i can from the eMMC , then try to find a fairly similar device where i can get the dump file from just to revive it.
        Is there a way to resurrect the existing eMMC with ISP, maybe find the fault in boot sequence?
        I think unit died while it was updating, it still seems like it's powering up, on a thermal camera chips warm up normally at 38-40 Celsius and voltages are there, it just doesn't pass boot...
        Thanks for your suggestion

Comment

I have no idea what OS runs there and whats the boot sequence. If it died on update, then update file must contain bootloader or whatever it erased during update.

So get the chip, connect it, read boot1/2 and user partition and then we can have look into firmware update and possibly fix it.

Comment

Thanks a lot Legija.
            I also ordered another eMMC as a backup in case this one is dying, stencil and solder paste also on the way, just waiting for the Riff Box V2 to arrive

Comment

emmc not detected

Hi Legija,
              It's been a long time since i had the chance to look at this project, i have been trying to read the emmc with riff box but it's not detected, in advanced actions i can't see the exact model of my emmc Samsung klmbg4webc-b031
              I can see something similar in the list but selecting that does not recognise it.
              I have the pins connected directly to the chip, not sure now if i have the correct points, can you help with a diagram of the Samsung klmbg4webc-b031 jtag points?
              Thanks

Comment

Thats BGA153 so You can search for correct pinout.

eMMC connection doesn't depend on model or brand, it's communication protocol is defined by JEDEC standard. It's universal for all SD - eMMC compatible devices.

Comment

Pinout

Hi Legija, thanks for the reply.
                  That is a BGA169 and i managed to get it working by connecting the permanent 3.3v. looks like it needed that voltage to show up, i can share my pinout if anybody needs it.
                  I created an image file from the emmc and also a few .bin files from partitions but now stuck at another issue (at least made progress)
                  If i select the eMMC/UFS partition manager plugin, then the application crashes with an error "access violation at address 00000004 in module 'JTAGManager.exe'.Read of address 00000004"
                  Do you know how i can fix that error? i have the application updated to the last available version.
                  Thanks.

Comment

You also need to update JTAG Manager.

Comment

jtag version

Jtag manager is version 1.86.
                      Is there a newer version? i could not see one released online.
                      Thanks

Comment

Yes there is. When You click "Check for updates" You can see only updated files, and its there.

Comment

Working...
                        X