No announcement yet.

updated firmware now receive a riffbox error [Solved by installing driver :D]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• updated firmware now receive a riffbox error [Solved by installing driver :D]

i am running 64GB Windows 10
    i just got my riff box and it was running great, updated the firmware and receive an error.

error: Riffbox is not found
    please check the Riff Box is connected to you PC. make sure correct drivers are installed. if not delete old drivers and use correct one

as i was saying it was working prior to the firmware upgrade, i am new at this and appreciate and help that can be provided as to what to do
    Attached Files

Which box version You have ?
    QQ: 1634811353

Comment

version

i downloaded J tag manager v 1.84 but after update says to be v 1.85 then i received the error code
      Attached Files

Comment

and my Riff box: i am using a Riff versions: II usb 2.0 HS

Comment

You need to install update port driver. To do this, You need to disable signature enforcement first.

Comment

how do i disable signature enforcement? sorry i am really new at this, and where/which port driver do i install?

by the way thank you for the help you are providing, i really do appreciate it

Comment

ok i think i figured out how to disable signature enforcement... but which port driver do i need to install??

Comment

Program Files (x86)\RIFF Box JTAG Manager\Drivers

V2 box uses two modes, control port which is NXP LPC device and update port which is usbserial.
                Update port driver is not signed thus requires signature enforcement to be off.
                Attached Files

Comment

ok i disabled signature enforcement

i unzipped the files and placed it in C:\\program files (x86)\rocker team\Riff Box Jtag Manager\Drivers

paste drivers from the zip into folder and replace them

run Jtag manager program receive the same error

so i go to device manager

right click on RIFF BOX 2 (update driver)
                  browse my computer and point to C:\\program files (x86)\rocker team\Riff Box Jtag Manager\Drivers\64bit

my computer is a 64 bit i checked

i run it then it say window is unable to install your RIFF Box 2 by Rocker Team

after that i try to delete all the drivers in the drivers folder paste the drivers from the zip and repeated the process with the same results
                  Attached Files

Comment

when i plug in the box both red and green light are flashing as well

Comment

is there any other options to try?

Comment

Try installing LPC driver, "Newdrivers" dir.
                        Attached Files

Comment

you are beyond genius thank you so very very much you are amazing it worked!!!!

Comment

Problem connecting to server

I'm attempting to update my firmware and am getting the following error:

Firmware Upgrade operation failed!!!
                            Firmware Upgrade Failed!
                            ERROR:Couldn't connect to Updates Server. Try again later.
                            Click Firmware update button again if you want to try again.

Any help on why this error is continually coming up would be appreciated.

Using Riff Box II and JTAG Manager for RIFF Box. Version: 1.85
                            Attached Files

Comment

Server is online so check this check list:
                              RIFF JTAG Box FAQ - How to register RIFF Box and Update Firmware

Comment

Working...
                              X